Reunion

Author update: Newly posted.

Konoha, one of the Five Great Shinobi Nations, Konoha has a Kage as their leader known as the Hokage, who resides in the Hokage Residence, but on this one peaceful morning, before the young academy students would find out their fate of whether they became a young ninja or not, a young boy trying desperately to evade the young blossoms of the Leaf Village.
"Sasuke!" Sasuke dashed through the village and jumped over the railings and down towards the Hokage's heads. He scanned the area his heart hammering in his chest, even though it had been a few years since his parent's death yet he still couldn't accept the attention he got from girls. He heard the yells of the two fangirls and sighed, he turned the corner and ran into a body, he stumbled back and growled.
"Watch where you're going!" The girl said angrily, she sat on the floor, for a moment he didn't say anything but stared at her. "You gonna say anything?" She finally looked up at him and gasped
"Sasuke?"
"Melody?" He bent down quickly and pulled her up, she blushed a little and flicked her shoulder length hair over her shoulder. "What are you doing here?" He asked staring at her, she glanced up at him and shrugged her shoulders.
"I was heading to the Hokage's office... what were you running from?" Melody answered, he pursed his lips together and shoved his hands in his pockets.
"I was being followed again..."
"Fangirls huh?" She gave a small smile and he nodded.
"Want me to walk you to the Hokage's office?" He muttered as he started to turn around and walk in the direction of the largest building in Konoha.
"Sure." She ran forward and stopped next to him, he glanced down at her and sighed softly, she placed her hands in front of her and continued walking with him.
"You're still short."
"Shut up Uchiha."
Shortly after they made it to the building Sasuke and Melody had stopped and waited, she smiled a little at him.
"Thanks, Sasuke."
"Hnn." He turned to her "I better get going I have the exam today." He said waving a little as he began to walk off, she watched him go and shook her head.
"Hey Sasuke! Good luck!" She called, he smirked and continued on his way as she went up to see the Hokage. He hadn't seen her in for a while and for once in years he had a true smile, he continued his way towards the Village's Academy. She stared after him for a moment before shaking her head and heading to the Hokage's tower.

"Sasuke meet Melody, she'll be living with us for a while." Sasuke frowned and stood next to his brother and father. Behind his mother stood a petite, pale skinned girl, she was clutching his mother's skirt.
"Melody this is Sasuke, say hello." Melody leant closer to Mikoto who smiled kindly at the little girl, Sasuke watched her before staring up at his brother who gave him a small nod. Stepping forward Sasuke extended his hand.
"I'm Sasuke! This is my brother 'tachi! You wanna play?" The girls' eyes brightened up, she stepped away from Mikoto and stepped to Sasuke.
"I'm Melody! Nice to meet you Sasuke, 'tachi!" She squealed in delight, Mikoto sighed in relief and gave her husband thumbs up. Melody grabbed Sasuke's hand and they laughed together before running out into the Uchiha's compound. Itachi watched the two and glared at the golden glow between their left ring fingers, Mikoto placed her hand on his shoulder snapping him out of his thoughts.
"Could you keep an eye on those two please."
"Yes mother..." The parents left and Itachi sighed going after the two younger children.

Sasuke gave a small grunt as he walked into the class room, ready for his exam. Today would be the day he became a genin and would be one step closer to his goal, slowly more and more of the class showed up and the loud mouth was in tow. He watched as the students sat down and began to talk to one another. Naruto by now was standing up and shouting at the top of his lungs, Sasuke shook his head and rested his chin on his palm staring out the window.
"What a loser..." He thought, as his thoughts travelled to Melody, his gaze softened it had been a while, the only difference was her hair being shorter, he smirked, as their sensei had finally walked into the room.