Moment

Author note: Newly posted.

"Uh, Hokage are you busy?" Melody entered the Hokage's meeting room and stopped. Kakashi, Asuma and Kurenai and some other Jonin were stood with the Hokage, staring at his crystal ball. She frowned and glanced at it, quietly closing the door behind her. On the ball was Naruto standing on a desk, staring intently at Sasuke. Melody raised an eyebrow, a small smirk on her face, she had listened to both Naruto and Sasuke's stories about each other, so for her this was amusing.

She used to think they exaggerated about their dislike for each other, but evidently not. She watched a little longer until, bam! Naruto was kissing Sasuke! Melody burst into laughter and the adults turned around, she began to cough before bowing slightly.
"Uh, Hokage I'm sorry but you wanted to see me?" She said, the Hokage glanced up at her a smile on his lips.
"Ah, Melody it's good to see you this morning. Yes, you have a meeting with the Feudal Lord in two days' time, you will need to leave tomorrow night." He explained as the adults watched the smaller child. Melody tilted her head to the side.
"Why not now?" She asked, Kakashi lowered his head and sighed as Kurenai chuckled, Melody glanced around at the adults, a blush forming on her cheeks. "Oh... I'm sorry." She mumbled, the Hokage smiled.
"Because Melody he is currently out of the Land of Fire." He explained causing the young child to nod her head, she eyed Kakashi who gave her a shrug of the shoulder. "So for now wait until further notice. Melody do not forget this will be your first A rank solo mission, please prepare yourself accordingly." He added, she raised an eyebrow.
"Uh..."
"There is no one to back you up, this will be a daunting task. The rest of you are dismissed, meet your teams and good luck." The Hokage said, the Jonin nodded and dispersed, Kurenai walked up to Melody and patted her shoulder.
"Be good out there." She said before leaving to find her team, Asuma followed suit and ruffled Melody's hair.
"See you later kid." He added, Melody nodded and smiled skipping over to Kakashi before linking her arm with his.
"Hi!" She said excitedly, Kakashi smiled and shook his head as they headed out with the Hokage before stopping.
"You're overly excited today." Kakashi said as he walked with her, she nodded holding onto Kakashi's arm.
"I guess so, it's been a good day. Kakashi, so who's on your team?" She asked as he followed the Hokage.
"Well... Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura."
Melody's eyes widened in surprise,
"really?" She asked, Kakashi nodded before stopping and ruffling her hair.
"Yes and I need to get going, I'll see you tonight. Please behave yourself. Bye Melody." Kakashi and the Hokage headed off as Melody rolled her eyes before heading to the academy.

Melody hummed as she walked along before stopping at an open door, she glanced in, she blinked as the stared down.
"Sasuke?" She said tilting her head to the side before walking in and bending down. "Naruto jumped you, right?" She chuckled as she untied him. Sasuke stood up frowning as she followed flicking her hair behind her shoulder.
"Thanks... how did you know?" She blinked a little as Sasuke stared at her.
"Just a hunch?" Melody scratched the back of her neck chuckling a little, before Sasuke took a hold of her hand and led her out.
"I have to find him."
"Okay." A peaceful silence settled between them until Melody began to smile evilly.
"How are you and Naruto?"
"Hnn..." He responded, Melody glanced up at him.
"How's his lips, Sasuke?" Sasuke's eyes widened and his cheeks reddened.
"How the heck did you know about that?!" She began to laugh loudly as Sasuke squeezed her hand tightly, the two quickly engaging in their own conversation as they searched for the sneaky blonde.
"So, you've been given an A rank?" Sasuke said, a hint of surprise in his voice, Melody chuckled.
"Yeah, it'll be fine though. My wolves are finally starting to listen." Sasuke nodded listening intently to Melody as she spoke about her wolves, Sasuke began to frown as he spotted the pinkette on his team. Melody slowed down and faced the girl with pink hair. Slowly Melody peeled her hand away from Sasuke and placed them behind her back. The last time Melody saw this girl, was when her and the blonde ganged up on her.