Jutsu

Kaiya had woken up to the sound of tapping on her door. She rolled over and clambered out of bed, lazily getting the door.
"Hello?" She moaned, Hayate was stood smiling.
"Morning Kaiya, you ready for another day of training?" He said coughing every so often, Kaiya's eyes widened, and she was awake.
"Of course!" She beamed happily, Hayate nodded as he stared at his little sister. She grinned "let me get ready!" She slammed the door shut on her brother and raced around her room getting dressed. Hayate chuckled before heading back down the stairs, listening to the screams of his younger sister get ready.

Half an hour later Kaiya was ready, she bounded down the stairs her bell pinging as she jumped down the stairs and her wristband shimmering on her wrist. Hayate turned around and smiled as she stopped and bowed happily.
"I'm ready!" She said, Hayate nodded as the two headed to the door.
"Make sure you have your swords Kaiya." He said, she stopped and ran back upstairs squealing frantically, Hayate sighed smiling happily as he heard a loud thud and scream. Hayate chuckled, as he headed for the front door.

"Alright Kaiya, today we're going to recap our training, and then you will be focus on crescent moon dance. Any questions?" Hayate asked, Kaiya shook her head happily. Hayate shook his head, every session she'd never question him, and she would try to the best of her ability anything he'd ask.
"Okay, let's start with taijutsu." He cleared his throat and Kaiya braced herself as her brother ran at her. She jumped backwards before swinging her leg forward, Hayate blocking her leg with ease. He pushed her leg back and she stumbled before turning and kicking her leg back, causing Hayate to duck. He stuck his leg out and tripped his sister up sending her sprawling to the ground. Hayate chuckled as Kaiya rolled to stand up, she dusted herself off.
"Okay, weapons." He said, Kaiya took out her sword and grinned before running forward and swinging it back before forward clashing her sword against her brothers.

A few hours later, Kaiya was laying on the grass panting heavily. Hayate crossed his arms over his chest smiling.
"Your techniques are getting much better. Still you could really do with some more stamina training." He said. She sat up, her chest heaving up and down. "But, your mastery of the sword is impressive. You were always sharp with picking up things. Now, compared to Melody your chakra lacks a little, but again you need more stamina." He added, Kaiya nodded as she stood up shakily. "I want you to go for a run every morning and every evening." He explained, "every time you add another ten minutes. Start with a ten-minute run, then twenty, then thirty, then forty and so on. Until you get to be running without feeling so fatigued." He stopped and looked at his sister, she nodded a determined look in her eyes. "Is that ok?" He asked concern in his voice.
"Of course!" Kaiya said enthusiastically, Hayate coughed and nodded. "Oh Hayate, I had a question. I was doing some reading and I wanted to ask about Forbidden Jutsu." She said, Hayate frowned "I mean if it's so dangerous why are there books about it? And in the library, there was a part of it boarded up." She stopped as her brother's expression darkened. "Uh... Hayate you ok?"
"Kaiya you must promise me, to never research into forbidden jutsu, nothing ever good comes from them." He said, she pursed her lips together but nodded.
"What about S ranked jutsu...?" She added, Hayate shook his head.
"There is a thin line between forbidden and S ranked, Kaiya for now I'd stick to the clans jutsu and the ones not under S ranked." He added, she raised an eyebrow. "Enough of that, let's do the crescent moon dance. We need to get you up to a higher level." He smiled happily at his sister and her worries disappeared as she picked up her sword and braced herself.
"Begin!" Hayate said, Kaiya nodded and concentrated on her brother's favourite technique. 

The day had come to an end and Kaiya lay on the ground, her chest heaving up and down. The sweat dripping off her face and her body covered in dirt and debris. Hayate was stood, dirt only dusting his face.
"That was really good Kaiya." Hayate began, Kaiya closed her eyes in frustration.
"But I still don't have it yet." She panted, she opened her eyes and stared up at the sky, the colours blending into one as the sun slowly set across the land. Hayate raised an eyebrow, "out of everyone... I'm still nowhere near your standard, and I still can't finalize this attack." She sat up shakily her eyes glistening as the sun finally set leaving the siblings in a dark purple hue. "The crescent moon is for exceptional Shinobi... If I can't master this... why am I even a Chunin?" She asked, Hayate bent down and placed his hands on Kaiya's shoulders.
"Kaiya, you are an exceptional Shinobi, these things take time. I know you can get this." He said softly, Kaiya watched him before lowering her gaze.
"I can't even keep up with Melody and Clay, I let you down... I couldn't even make it to the finals... I don't even deserve to try this technique. I'll never be as good as you." She muttered bitterly. Hayate sighed.
"Every time she gets like this, I can't seem to get her out of it." He thought, he squeezed her shoulders.
"Kaiya, you are just as strong as Clay and Melody. You work just as hard as they do. You'll get this, you just need to keep working on it." He gave her a small smile and stood up, she sighed and stood up. "Let's get you cleaned up and have some food." He suggested smiling, Kaiya rolled her eyes they began to walk back to the village, Kaiya glanced back at the training grounds the wind following them as they left.
"I have to get it... I must prove to my brother I am worthy of being a Shinobi... I have too. I want him to be proud of me." She thought to herself as she followed Hayate, who was talking about the festival as they walked to Ichiraku.