Trial

Yaya yawned, as the Third Hokage brought more shinobi into the room.
"Alright it is time we chose our candidates for the Chunin exams... Those that oversee the rookie genin squads, step forward." He announced, Kakashi, Kurenai and Asuma stepped forward. The Third turned his head to Yaya and she gulped before it clicked, she knelt down and grabbed the paper off the desk before patiently waiting to write.
"Kakashi, Kurenai, and Asuma what do you say? Are there any from your squads which you would recommend to take the exams despite their inexperience? As you know any Genin who has carried out 8 or more missions is technically eligible for the examinations, beyond that it is up to you." The Third droned on and Yaya sighed she glanced around the room, a guy with a scar across his nose drew her attention, he was nodding along. "Yaya write down the teams." Yaya snapped out of her thoughts and nodded as Kakashi raised his middle and index finger to his lips.
"I lead squad seven; Sasuke Uchiha, Naruto Uzumaki and Sakura Haruno. I Kakashi Hatake recommend all three of these genin for these Chunin exams." Yaya's eyebrows raised in shock as she wrote down the names, Kurenai raised her fingers to her lips too,
"I lead squad eight; Hinata Hyugga, Kiba Inuzuka and Shino Aburame. And now I, Kurenai Yuhi recommend all three for the Chunin exams." Yaya scribbled down more names, as Asuma did the same.
"And my squad is number ten; Ino Yamanaka, Shikamaru Nara, Chouji Akimichi and now I Asuma Sarutobi recommend all three for the Chunin exams." Yaya's head shot up after writing the last name down.
"So he is related..." She thought eyeing the Hokage. Whispers began to stir around the room, in surprise of the three recommending the rookie nine.
"Just a minute!" The man with the scar across his face stepped forward.
"What is it Iruka?"
"With all due respect, the nine names just given were my students at the academy, I know their skills and abilities every one of them has great promise but it's just too soon for them." He explained, Yaya fanned herself standing back up as Anko stepped forward with her hands in her pockets. "They need more experience. Especially since you're throwing in Anko's original team." All eyes snapped to Anko, Kakashi, Kurenai and Asuma. "They're sure to fail the exam right now."
"I took the exam when I was six years younger than Naruto is now." Kakashi stated, Anko rolled her eyes as Yaya perked up listening intently to the fight. Iruka shook his head visibly agitated.
"Naruto is nothing like you! Are you trying to destroy him? You'll be pitting him against Melody. Who is already a Chunin." Iruka stepped forward, Yaya blinked as Anko nodded along.
"Well they're always complaining about not being challenged enough, maybe wiping out on the exams will teach them a lesson, a little pain is good. As for Melody, Anko and I trained her to be able to take this form of exam. She's ready to become a Jonin." Kakashi calmly said. "By now Melody and Naruto are close enough they could fight one another and if he loses to her it might teach him a lesson."
"What did you say?" Iruka hissed,
"Nothing fatal of course, but seriously Iruka... relax. Listen I understand how you feel it's very personal for you and it upsets you bu-"
"Enough Kakashi. Back off you've said enough." Kurenai cut him off as Anko scowled at Kakashi.
"You gave me that speech when I recommended Melody for their own Chunin examination..." She thought, Kakashi ignored Kurenai.
"On the contrary Iruka needs to hear this, they are not his students anymore they're mine." Kakashi's tone deadly. The Third raised his hand.
"You have all made your point. Anko you are recommending, Melody, Clay and Kaiya?" Anko nodded, "I have decided for the rookie nine I will hold a special preliminary test. Yaya I suggest you start making the papers ready for the Sensei's here. And then you are free to go for the day." Yaya bowed to the Hokage before hurrying off, a small smile gracing her features.
"Now things are getting fun!" She smirked as she hurried down the hall.

Yaya and Kaiya sat swinging on the swings as Melody leant against the pole. The girls had been there for a few hours chatting about their last few days until Yaya skidded to a halt.