Timing

The next morning Melody woke up early, a happiness surrounding her after a good night's sleep. She headed to her wardrobe and threw on some comfy clothes before heading around the village, picking up supplies for the now bare apartment; as Kakashi hadn't been around much because of his training with Sasuke. She hurried along the streets finding anything she needed for the next few weeks.

She made her last stop at the market place before she began her walk back home however stopped when she heard two familiar voices.
"Have you been keeping up with Clay and Melody? Clay's been missing training."
"More with Melody..."
"Right, you know if you need to talk Kaiya, I'm still here." Anko muttered, Melody stopped behind the wall and held her breath as she quietly listened in.
"I know. I'm okay. I should get going- You know I tried to talk to Clay, about my brother... but he wouldn't listen. Goodbye Anko Sensei."
Footsteps began to fade into the distance.
"Poor kid... but still why won't you help her Clay?" Anko's voice faded away too and Melody lowered her head in sadness. She pushed away from the wall and quickly walked through the streets until she spotted who she was looking for. He was clad in black staring darkly down at figurines.
"Hey Clay!" Melody shouted, trying her best to smile. He turned and looked at her and his dark eyes narrowed on her. "I was just out shopping! And I thought I recognized you! How have you been?" She stopped in front of him and he moved away from the stall. "Have you spoken to Kaiya?"
Clay sighed and folded his arms.
"Melody, look. I know what you're doing just- please I have to get back to training."
"But I just heard Anko Sensei now. You've been missing training with her."
"I have my own to do." He snapped back, Melody blinked and gulped slightly.
"Alright, but Kaiya had tried talking to you. You know it's hard for her since Hayate's death she could use someone like you. You're not all emotional and you can guide her better than I or anyone else can." She said, Clay scoffed flicking his fringe out of his eyes.
"Yeah, okay. Is that all?" He asked turning on his heels, Melody's eyes narrowed.
"Why are you being like that?"
"Let it go Melody." He said, Melody tapped her foot impatiently.
"I won't let it go! You have an exam coming up! And training with Anko is good! She knows all about me! And Kaiya needs someone right now! And she's always looked up to you!" She pressed, Clay turned around to Melody his eyes widening in anger.
"Melody! It's not my problem!"
"You know Anko Sensei and Kaiya are just worried about you. You don't need to bite my head off. Nor should you be avoiding them! If something's up with you also, you should talk to them! They can help!" Melody hissed, Clay rolled his eyes.
"Well it's none of their business. And you should keep your nose out of things you don't understand." Clay grunted he began to walk away however Melody ran in front.
"Look Clay! Kaiya's always been caring for you and worrying about you! Don't be rude to her! Ever! Especially now!" She yelled, Clay growled.
"Melody, butt out!" He stepped around her and Melody reached her hand out pulling him to a stop.
"Seriously? What's your problem Clay?" She added, Clay's glared at Melody.
"Melody! Drop it! If you keep this up, you'll regret it at the exam!" He growled,
"hey back off." Shikamaru and Chouji stepped in between Melody and Clay. Clay groaned as Shikamaru took Melody's arm and pulled her close to his back as Chouji smiled at them both holding up some potato chips.
"What do you two want?" Clay asked, Shikamaru raised an eyebrow.
"You're kidding me, right? You were about to start an afternoon argument with the biggest- second biggest loud mouth around. Chill, won't you?" Shikamaru said lazily, Clay rolled his eyes.
"Anyway, I couldn't help but over hear, Clay one of your teammates needs you. You should really go see her." He added, Clay and Melody stared at one another. "Or not, come on Mel, he's not worth the time of day right now."
"At least I don't pretend to be something I'm not." Clay ground out, Melody turned her head back to him.
"What did you say to me?"
"What? Don't like the truth, come on Melody. You think you can stay in control during your match with me. I think not." He sneered, Melody wrinkled her nose up before taking Shikamaru's hand and giving Chouji one of her bags before dragging them both along.
"Ungrateful, obnoxious, dumb brain!" Melody yelled, as the trio left Clay.