Episode #17

Medas?! That place is crawling with Hunters now! What in the world are they thinking?

"Like I'm saying, we aren't hiding anyone!" He is so annoying.

Eyuran's tormented voice was getting louder. He was at his limit. Honorable Ancestor, all I need is just a tiny opening!

"Ah—we also had to borrow the cargo regna to fly, since we accidentally killed your DIVE engineer. Neither of the two women was willing to guide us around and both were plotting something, so we had to pick quickly. They were the only ones left with full access to the ship after we saw everyone else off."

I froze. My brain was refusing to process the words that had entered my ears. The grin on Baro's face told me this was no accident. "It's truly a shame," he continued. "Such beauty and tempestuous character—"

Mom!

My whole being resisted accepting what he'd said.

At this moment another Medan entered the cargo bay and hurried towards us. Baro stepped away, but I overheard some fragments of their conversation. "...we found the machine, so we turned everything upside down. There wasn't anyone alive in the medical block and we have no data of anyone leaving that place. But we found several blood packs with a name..."

Orewen!

When Baro returned, his face was inscrutable. I couldn't tell what was on his mind, but I had a gut feeling he had just gotten even more serious. His next words overturned my world completely.

"Enough. Kill the boy."

Don't you dare! Don't you dare tear my family to shreds like trash!

Something broke inside me, shattering into the tiniest of pieces, releasing what had been sleeping underneath all along.

"You did what?" I almost whispered. They weren't simply picking a fight with us, however unintentionally at first. They'd done enough now to start a war.

Close Combat Mod, full release. Code: Nightmare, infinite targets. Exec.

I admit Baro had sharp senses and excellent reflexes, attacking me first before anyone could understand what was going on.

My body moved on its own, averting his arms halfway with my palms, as if they were boneless rubber sticks, and kicking him with all my might in the crotch. I watched him turn pale as, thrown back, he fell on his knees, growling and gasping for air. His face was changing color to purple with pain and anger. Oh yes, his pain tolerance was definitely low!

"You little lea—" I relished the sound of cracking bones as I fiercely stomped him in the face before he had a chance to get up, throwing him further back again. Too slow! Is this thing even male?

"You did what?" I repeated my question, watching him spit several teeth out of the bloody deformed mess that used to be his face. "And how dare you hurt what is mine?!" I caught a glimpse of Eyuran looking my way; his face was now the same color as his scarlet uniform; his right eye was closed and bleeding. Yet he was smiling. Stupid, what are you grinning about?

My battle system wasn't mature enough yet to fight properly, and a few high-speed power kicks were all I could actually do. But I was desperate. So desperate, I was prepared to be shot for this.

The whole commotion caught everyone off-guard for a few seconds. Suddenly, Eyuran collected his body like a tight spring and flipped backward, unwringing his arms, bouncing on them and kicking the Medans holding him. He was so lightning fast that our enemy tried shooting only when my cousin was already free. But before even a single shot was fired, their power cells mysteriously ran dry. Eyu, could this be your doing?

Now then, let's finish this. I approached Baro. He wasn't moving anymore and I couldn't hold the smile. I guess I had hit him too hard.

"No! Don't! He's already—" Eyuran's worried voice echoed through the breaking silence of the cargo bay. He had beaten the other two Medans as well.

Wrong. He's far from dead yet. In fact, we're only beginning. The real battle is still ahead.

"Shut up, Eyu! Unless we take them on with the same intentions, we will never get out of this alive." I was starting to enjoy this thought, which ignited a delicious and wild flame inside me. "We're running out of time!"

"What is this brat?!" Tarry backed away, dropping his now useless weapon as I turned to him.

Anger boiled within me. The pressure was so intense that I immediately roared at the top of my lungs: "FALAHA KIERENEN KENNAR FARGANN, THE FUTURE COMMANDER OF THIS SHIP!"