2. Here's The Deal...

2. Here's The Deal...

Surprise, surprise...

***

I walked down the hallway to my mothers office. I hope this wasn't anyone important because right now, I'm wearing dark jeans with a regular plain black shirt. It wasn't a baggy T-shirt but it wasn't tight either.

I knocked on the office door and in less than three seconds it flung open to my mother looking at me anxiously. "Brooklyn, you're here." She said, she seemed really jumpy. Way too jumpy.

I stood at the door frame looking at her with careful eyes. "Mom, did you have sugar today, you know what it does to you. "

She rolled her eyes. "No, I didn't have sugar, come in. Come in. " She practically dragged me inside the room by my arm and I instantly became the attention of about five people.

There were three adults, one looked almost in his fifties, and two looked middle aged. Or slightly older. Then, there was a guy, he seemed about my age but... Cute.

Anyway...

They all looked at me with a slight smile, except for the boy. What's going on? I looked at my mother and she still looked like she committed murder.

"This is the girl we're waiting for?" The guy said in an annoyed tone. He skimmed over my outfit and turned to the middle age man. "Dad, I thought you said this was business arrangement."

Wow, that was rude.

"Hudson, please. " The middle aged man sighed, looking very stressed and tired.

I pursed my lips because I still did not know what was happening.

Wait... Hudson?

Does that mean... oh, come on, I'm sure it was just a coincidence.

"You must be Brooklyn." The old guy in his fifties said as he smiled at me. I just looked at him.

"Um, yeah, that's me." I said quietly.

"It's so nice to finally meet you." He was still smiling as he held his hand out for me shake. I shook it, but the way he was smiling at me made me want to cringe.

He had a bad vibe to him. "My name's Mr. Grayson. Your mother has told me a lot about you." Well, that's not creepy.

I just looked at my mother with narrowed eyes, asking her silently what the hell is going on. She bit down on her lip and avoided my gaze.

"Okay, wait, she's here. Now can anyone tell me why I'm here?" The guy.. I mean Hudson asked, a little irritated.

His green eyes blazed as he glared at his father and the woman, who I'm guessing is his mother, has yet to utter a single word.

"Brooklyn Miller and Hudson Vasquez.." Mr. Grayson started with the same creepy smile. "Please, have a seat, I have something very important to discuss with you all."

Vasquez... Like the Vasquezs?

They're also a well known name in the city, like my parents, they help run it... The West side, of course. And on a totally different note, my parents don't like them. And they don't like my parents. At all.

I looked over to Hudson briefly before turning away when I noticed he was looking at me as well.

Everyone in the room started to walk towards the small table in the middle of the office, that was surrounded by two couches.

I grabbed onto my mother and whispered to her. "Mom, why am I here, who's this Grayson guy, and what are the Vasquezs doing on the East Side? In your office? " I asked quickly.