28. Hot and Cold

28. Hot and Cold

You're in, then you're out, you're up, then you're down. You're wrong when it's right, it's black and it's white...

***

I looked over to Hudson on the couch. The lights were off, and it was about ten-thirty at night. We were watching Big Hero Six, like I wanted him to.

He was staring at the screen intently, I'm not even sure he was blinking. I held in a laugh and turned back to the screen.

Baymax was so awesome. I wish he were real, then I'd have a Baymax, which will make me the coolest person alive.

"You've got to be kidding me." Hudson mumbled. "Please don't tell me the Robot's gonna die." I shrugged.

"He's not going to...die." I stated.

Hudson turned to me. "He can't die." He told me. "Why would he die?" I laughed, because Hudson was actually feeling this movie.

"Because, he cares about Hiro."

"Robots can't feel." Hudson squinted his eyes.

"Well, Baymax is programmed to care about his patients. So, yeah he can care about people." I explained slowly.

Hudson Shook his head. I spoke next. "Isn't he cute, though?"

Hudson raised an eyebrow at me. "So, let me ask you a question, Brooklyn." He he turned to me fully on the couch.

"Shoot." I also turned to him.

"So, you'd have a Baymax," He said said his name slowly. "Rather than a puppy?"

Absolutely. "Of course. Give me the Marshmallow." The corner of Hudson's mouth quirks up.

"You're something else, Brooklyn Miller."

I lifted one shoulder. "I try."

***

I kept scrolling through the movies. "I have no idea why I'm still sitting here watching Disney movies with you." Hudson mumbled. We were still seated on the couch and we just finished our last movie.

"You love it though." I stated.

Moana, Frozen, The little Mermaid....

"A sixteen year old who's too naive to realize the consequences about the choices she makes." Hudson stated.

"She wants to experience something that she's curious about." I countered back.

The Lion King, Mulan, Cars....

"It literally has the same plot as Thor." I opened my mouth to say something, but quickly shut it. It does? "You know I'm right, Brookie."

I rolled my eyes. Tarzan, Cinderella, Tangled....

I gasped. "Let's watch Beauty and The Beast." I turned to Hudson and he glared at me. I couldn't help but laugh.

"You think that's funny?" Hudson asked me. He grabbed my arm, dragging me to his side of the couch. He pulled me over to him as he started to tickle me.

Damn it, my sides are sensitive. I laughed uncontrollably because being tickled is horrific.

After a while of ridiculous chortling, I felt a pinch on my butt. Seriously. "Hudson, I swear."

All I could hear was his laugh as I settled back down on the couch. "That's the weirdest laugh I've ever heard."

"Well, when you're laughing uncontrollably, it tends to sound different." I explained, composing myself.