21. The Aftershock

21. The Aftershock

We're blazing high, smoke fill the night, i'm gasoline, you're fire. -Nicki Manaj

***

It sort of shocked me that Hudson was actually willing to leave the room for a few moments. Yet, here we are, in the hallway of the venue. It was quiet and the hallways were empty, making it seem bigger.

"I don't know exactly when the interview is, but, I do know that it takes serious preparation. They're serious about the people they bring in there." I answered the questions Hudson asked me.

"So, this is something you've wanted for a while now."

"This is something i've dreamed about for half my time of being." I sighed. Working at TIMES was serious and I really don't want to mess this up. I had ample of time however, the interview took time to prepare for.

Hudson looked like he was in the process of thinking. "What happens if you don't get it?" he asked. We passed a few modern black and white paintings that hung in huge frames on the wall. I shrugged. "Of course i'm not going to quit. No matter how bad it is...I'll keep doing what I do best."

Hudson nodded silently, again. It was quiet for a moment. The only sound was my heels clicking against the floor. The slit in front of my dress made my right leg exposed every time I stepped out. The lace sleeves on the dress were to my surprise, warm. Around my neck was the necklace Hudson gave me a while ago.

The necklace that he gave me the day of the interview.

My mind kind of lingered to the first couple of days after we signed the contracts and began dishing out our deal. "So, Hudson?"

He turned to me as his hands rested in his pockets. "You're parents are initially from Cuba, right?" He nodded again.

"Correct."

"How comes I've never heard you speak fluent spanish?" I asked. Hudson raised his shoulders as he explained, a neutral expression on his face.

"Well, Brooklyn, we do live in America. Most of my connections and the people I know, all speak..English." I rolled my eyes at his sarcasm.

"You know, if you actually behave like a regular person, I won't tell anyone." I told him, repaying the same amount of sarcasm. Hudson chuckled.

"I only speak spanish when I have to." He answered. "Plus, spanish isn't my first language." He added. "¿Qué pasa, Brooklyn? ¿Mi acento español te excita?" (What is it, Brooklyn? Does my spanish accent turn you on?)

Hudson smirked down at me as I walked next to him slowly. I felt my lips tug up at the corner of my mouth. "Cariño, creo que olvidaste que hablo cinco idiomas." (Honey, I think you forgot that I can speak five languages.)

Hudson let out a laugh. "I did forget." He shook his head. "So, Brooklyn, you can sing, you can play piano, you're a writer, you have a 5.0 GPA, and you're terrified of anything that breathes."

I shoved him slightly on his shoulder. "That is not true." I told him while he smiled. Okay, i'm scared of animals...but that's a thing. There's nothing wrong with that.

"Of course it is. You don't like animals, you'll faint in the presence of people.." Hudson trailed off and I rolled my eyes. "Anyway...what else can you do?"

I thought about it. "I can answer any question about A Song Of Ice and Fire." I could see Hudson rolled his eyes.

"Are you referring to A Game of Thrones?" He asked, plainly.