8. It's A Date

8. It's A Date

What the fork is for dinner? (Haha.)

***

Dinner. There's a lot of people around for dinner. Lots of attention on me. Mostly Hudson but...

"Um, I don't know Hudson." I said quietly, my nerves were starting to take over. I started to twist the ring on my finger.

Hudson noticed my sudden change and looked at me cautiously. "Why not?" He asked. I shrugged nonchalantly.

"I hate attention, and sitting in some restaurant with everyone staring me down, listening to every detailed word coming out of my mouth, while they simultaneously snap pictures, doesn't sound like a good idea for me." The lady who previously ordered her coffee, handed me a five dollar bill.

Hudson stared at me like I was crazy. "What's wrong with attention?" He asked, like it didn't make sense to him.

"Hudson, i'm a very reserved person, you might be used to it, but, it makes me extremely uncomfortable." The lady standing next to him, who seemed to be very interested in our conversation finally looked at Hudson, fully. Once she realized who was standing next to her, she gasped.

"Oh my goodness, you're that boy." Hudson and I looked at her plainly. "Vasquez!"

"Yes, I am, now excuse me, but I was having a conversation." Hudson snapped at her.

Her expression fell and I quickly handed the woman her change. "Sorry about that, he hasn't really been able to get it up for a while. You know men... I hope you understand."

"Oh." The woman just nodded- it looked like she wanted to laugh. She took her money and exited the Cafe. I looked back at Hudson who had his eyes narrowed and looked like he wanted to yell at me. I snickered. "Did you just tell that woman that I couldn't get it up?" He spoke calmly but I knew he wanted to scream at me.

"Yes, I did," I said with humour in my voice. "You didn't have to be so rude to her." I told him, taking off my tiny apron and hanging it up on the light blue wall beside me.

"If this ends up on the internet, I will-"

"You'll what?" I asked challengingly. I try really hard to stay from people I don't know, but Hudson was...different. I felt like I didn't have to be that way around him. Unlike other times, I had a voice. "Not to disappoint you, but remember, we have a story to coerce." I crossed my arms.

Hudson's jaw ticked as he stared at me. "Get your things and let's go." He said irritated.

I couldn't help but chuckle as I went into the back. Harry was laying back in his old chair with the television on. He notice me in the so called 'Break Room' and raised his eyebrows. "Quitting time already?"

I nodded. "It is. Do you want me to lock up?" I asked.

"It's alright, dear. I'll stick around for a while." I nodded as he stood up. He gave me a hug and wished me a goodnight.

"You too, Harry. Be safe." I grabbed my medium sized bag and my jacket. I walked back out to the shop and Hudson was waiting from me. He saw the bag in my hand and sighed.

"I keep forgetting you're five years my junior." He mumbled. "Let's go, kid."

We started to walk outside. "Kid? I'm an adult."

Hudson took a side glance at me and smirked. "You look like a sixteen year old girl." I rolled my eyes at him as I continued to walk to my car. That is until I was jerked back, by my arm. I glared at Hudson.