Chapter eight

The days flew by after Valentina arrived back in New York, and her date with Levi neared faster than she'd have wanted. The day before her date, the last Friday of June, started off like any other Friday. The morning was spend admiring the view from the living room windows with a cup of white tea.

At exactly 6:35 A.M. she left her building, immediately recognizing the beige Bentley parked near the entrance of her building as hers. With a few determined steps she made it to the car, where her driver-Steve- who had already noticed her coming out of her building had gotten out of the car and rounded it to open the passenger's door for her.

''Not this again, Steven.'' She muttered half-heartedly, knowing all of her complaints would fall on deaf ears.

She got into the car and he closed the door after her before rounding the car and getting in himself. Steve has been Valentina's driver for about as long as she has owned her car. She had bought it, solely because her 15 year old self had vowed to get a Bentley when she has the money to afford one after she had seen one drive around Sicily one day. She fell in love with the car at first sight, and never forgot about this one true love of hers.

Problem was, Valentina hated driving. She wasn't good at it- how she ever managed to get her license is beyond her. A chauffeur was her only option. She interviewed many job applicants, most of them had been personal chauffeurs for the fanciest people. But that fact did nothing to intrigue Valentina. And then Steve came in. Staight from the Bronx, with an attitude only poor people can manage and a dream and determination to one day get out of the neighbourhood he grew up in.

It was a match made in heaven.

Valentina hired him instantly and it had been one of her best decisions made so far. The car is usually with Steve, who makes sure to wash it and fill up gas and what not. But it only takes one call from Valentina's part for Steve to be wherever she needs him to be to pick her up. Unless of course, he's on vacation. Which was the case the day she met Levi at the bar, which therefor resulted in the mess she's in now. Great timing, thy name is Steven.

''How was Spain?'' Valentina inquired, genuinely curious as to how he liked finally going tot he one place he'd always wanted to go.

''It was great, Lara and I had a lot of fun. Beautiful country, beach and everything.''

Valentina nodded, satisfied with his answer. She was glad he and his girlfriend took some time off to be together. Heaven knows they needed it with Steve's irregular working schedule and all.

''How was Sicily?'' He asked in return.

''Business was good.'' She replied curtly, to which he didn't ask any further.

That was it for conversation, as they were both not in the mood for any more talking so early in the morning. Valentina put on some music the both of them like and they drove in a comfortable silence beside each other. At first, Steve would try to get her to sit in the back of the car, but Valentina flat out refused. She didn't want to treat him as her driver. Because to her, he was more of a friend than anything. She actually liked his company and above all that, she liked that she had complete control over the music in the car.

When they finally arrived at the offices, Valentina opened the door before he could do it for her.

''Thanks, Steve. I'll give you a call when I'm leaving the office.'' She said with a genuine smile, to which he nodded.

At exactly 7 A.M. she entered the 12th floor of the building. As always, she was the first one in. It wasn't that Valentina was a morning person that she went in to work so early every morning. It's just that it's during the mornings that she has the most energy. She likes sleeping, but she doesn't like sleeping in. Because it makes her feel like she had missed a part of the day. And it made her feel lazy. Getting up early and being actually productive made her feel fit. It also helped with her eating schedule.