Chapter twelve

It was about three in the afternoon when Valentina arrived at Enzo's mansion. Unlike last time, she took a cab instead of taking the bus and having to walk for eternity before she finally gets there.

She rang the intercom and faced the camera for the guards to recognize her. It was the same old routine. The gates opened and she started making her way through the ridiculously huge front lawn until she reached the front door. She raised a hand to the guards, who nodded in response as they recognized her.

After opening the front door, she made a quick stop at the kitchen to get a glas of juice before she went up to Enzo's office.

She knocked one single time before she opened it without a second thought. Her eyes scanned the room, but didn't find a living soul.

He must be at his room, she decided. Valentina was slightly worried, as Enzo was never one to sleep in. He was always up at eight in the morning, right on the dot. A quick breakfast before he started working at nine.

She's always thought he's slightly autistic when it came to daily routine.

She went up the stairs that led her to the third floor where his quarters is. His room was at the end of the hallway, and she was reluctant to walk that hallway down. It was ridiculously long.

Halfway doen the hallway, a door to her left opened. It was Emilio. His black hair was messy, unlike Enzo's hair. His dark eyes were focused on the door as he closed it, before he turned and came face to face with Valentina.

''Valentina, cara!'' He exclaimed, and the term of endearment instantly brought up annoyance. She hated it when he called her that, because that's what he calls all of his women. It made her feel like those women he slept with- that he used. She wasn't anything like those women.

''Emilio.'' She nodded blankly at him. She kept a blank face to show him just how little she cared about him.

''Come down with me, have a drink and catch up! I missed you last time you were here.''

To say Valentina was reluctant to have a drink with Sicilly's biggest manwhore would be an understatement. Even though she cared deeply for Enzo, she felt nothing towards Emilio. Because Emilio was the one that had put Enzo in this shit in the first place. And even though Valentina has done basically the same thing to her older sister, she can't help but to blame Emilio for the way Enzo's life has paned out. Because instead of trying to make things right, and making it up to Enzo, all Emilio's doing is be jealous of Enzo and making things worse by fucking around and messing with Enzo's name.

Emilio is a constant burden to Enzo.

She knows Enzo would never admit that. And she respected him for that. But she also thought that he was being an idiot. Because he's way better off without his little brother trying to bring him down.

But Enzo would never neglect his brother. It's his weakness.

She also knows that the last thing Emilio is trying to do is catch up with her. All he's ever tried to do with her, is get in her pants.

And if all of that wasn't enough, Emilio also has a crap personality. One that just doesn't seem to fit right with Valentina's.

''Maybe next time. I'm in a rush.''

Valentina wasted no time walking past him, but he didn't let her go that easily.

''You meeting Enzo?'' He asked.

''Yeah.'' She said over her shoulder.

''You shouldn't.'' He said, and it caught her attention. She looked over her shoulder, a raised brow as a gesture to continue.