Chapter twenty-one

Hey y'all! Listen to this song, it's fantastic! And it kinda suits the chapter too, in a way..

If you like this chapter make sure to vote and comment! I'd really appreciate it!

Happy reading!

Three months.

Three months of not seeing each other, of calling every night. Three months of missing each other, had finally ended.

The last time they spoke, Levi had asked Valentina to come pick him up from the airport. Valentina was about to refuse, when Levi argued that it would only be good for their cover to do the whole dramatic finally-seeing-each-other-again thing. Valentina couldn't argue that.

So there she was, at the arrival area, still in her work clothes- which she had picked carefully that morning- waiting for him come out. Her eyes scanned the area carefully in worry that she might miss him.

Her bottomlip was sucked in her mouth, and she slightly bit down on it. She was nervous- very, very nervous. She had no idea what to expect once he did come out. Were they supposed to hug? Kiss, even?

Valentina wasn't ready for that. And she wasn't going to force herself into something just for the sake of their cover. But then, by now Valentina was convinced Levi wouldn't expect her to do something she wasn't ready for. She was also convinced Levi knows what she is and isn't ready for.

A chill ran down her spine realizing that. The fact that he knew her this well hadn't crossed her mind before, and it scared her slightly. But at the same time, she knew it was only better for him to know all of that, so he wouldn't accidentaly do something they'd both regret.

But then again, that only meant he wasn't going to fuck up any time soon. Which results in them staying together longer than Valentina felt comfortable with.

Worry started to cloud her mind, and she knew her fear of commitment was taking control of her yet again. But there wasn't anything she could do to fight it. For a moment, she considered going back to her car, drive back to her apartment and make up a lame excuse when he confronts her about not showing up.

But when his gaze captured hers from the other side of the area, she knew there was no going back now. She watched his face light up with a smile as bright as the sun, his steps towards her confident and determined. He didn't look away from her once and Valentina started to doubt whether he was feigning the look on his face.

He adjusted the duffel bag on his shoulder before opening his arms wide for her- an invitation. He looked so ridiculously happy to see her, the look on his face sending the butterflies in her belly to rampage, and Valentina couldn't fight a smile of her own.

With her purse in one hand, she took careful steps on the red stilletto's she had decided were good enough for her reunion with Levi. Their gazes never averted as they were too caught up in one another. The world around them disappeared, and all they both could think about was how little they were away from finally being able to hold each other again.

A few steps before they reached each other, Levi let his duffel bag slide down his arm, onto the floor before holding his arms out again. Right in time for Valentina to nuzzle into his embrace. Her free hand went around his waist, to his back, the other one still holding her purse, in between them. She nuzzled her face in his chest and Levi felt her exhale in what he hoped to be relief.

Levi had been pondering about this moment for days- wondering about how their reunion would be like. He even doubted if she'd show up in the first place. Needless to say, he didn't expect a lot out of her.