Chapter seventeen

Happy reading!

Valentina's first day back at the office after her little vacation to Sicily was like any other. She was the first one in, got herself a cup of tea, then greeted Jennifer on her way to her office. She never forgot about that date she asked Levi on, which was at five tonight. She had little time at the office today (read 7 hours), so she gave it her all during the time that she had.

But of course, just a little over nine, Kate barged into her office like a maniac once again. It was becoming a habbit.

''Lord Jesus, give me strength, for I don't want to go to jail for murdering my lying friend.'' She prayed dramatically.

Typical.

''Good morning to you too.'' Valentina replied unfazed, her eyes focusing back on her work at hand.

''No!'' Kate exclaimed as she grabbed the files from Valentina's hands, ''You don't get to act nonchalantly right now!''

''Kate, I really need to get this done-''

''I am so happy for you!'' Kate interrupted her, as she leaned over her desk to hug her, ''Congratulations!''

Valentina had no choice but to go along with it and hug her back. She had seen this coming. Of course, Kate was going to be sentimental about it. And Valentina was going to have to play along with this marriage thing.

''I know you like to keep business and personal separated, but you just got married! You can let up a little bit, just this once.''

Valentina heaved a sigh. She really didn't want to let up. But she was going to have to.

''You're right.'' She said reluctantly, ''I just don't want everyone to know, you know.''

It wasn't even a lie. She really didn't want anyone to know about her fake marriage. Kate nodded understanding, before mover her hand long her lips, in a gesture of zipping them up.

''My lips are sealed.'' She reassured.

''So..'' Kate said, dragging the o to an unnecessarily long sound, ''Give me the deeds.'' She wiggled her eyebrows, and Valentina instantly knew just which deeds she wanted to know about.

''Kate, no, you know I don't like to discuss that!'' Valentina said, which was complete bull. She would have told her, really, if there was anything to talk about in the first place. But there wasn't, and she couldn't just tell Kate that they hadn't had sex yet. She'd know something was up.

''Oh, come on! It was your first time, it's my job to listen to your first time experience! I know Levi's a beast in bed, just tell me what it was like!''

''Kate, n-'' Valentina went to object, but then registered what her friend had just said, ''Wait, how would you know he's a beast in bed?''

''Oh, please! We grew together, he dated practically all of my friends in high school, and they all gave me the dirty deeds'' She said, ''Unlike you.''

''Oh, shit!'' She cussed when she saw Valentina's unimpressed face, ''You probably didn't want to know that, did you?''

''It's fine, Kate. I accept him for who he is.'' Valentina couldn't have told a bigger lie.

Kate made a relieved face, for a minute she thought she managed to ruin their marriage already.

''On another notice,'' Kate changed the subject, seemingly just realizing she'd forgot to mention something, ''I haven't heard from Dominic in a while.''

Valentina raised a brow, ''Has he been at the office lately?'' She questioned, to which Kate shook her head.

''He stared showing up less and less, and now he hasn't shown his face here for three days. I haven't gotten any complaints, though, so it seems he's still keeping in touch with clients.'' Kate paused, pursing her lips as she thought, ''I'm just worried, you know? You never know with that guy.''