Chapter twenty-three

The song has nothing to do with the chapter. I just watched the fast & the furious recently and this song is from the fate of the furious album. And I'm as addicted to this song as Dominic is to coke, lol.

Happy reading!

It was well past eight when Levi finally arrived back home. The lights were out and that could only mean Valentina was already asleep. He had expected nothing else, now that he knows she likes to go to bed early. Another perk of the one-secret-per-call thing.

It had been a tough day for Levi, leaving his wife alone in the state that she was. He felt like he had failed as a husband, as it was his job to be there for her in sickness and in health, after all. He had to remind himself that Valentina needed different things- special treatment. When most women needed their husbands' attention, Valentina needed space.

But it had worn him out, giving her space. It was tiring. Almost like loving her was something he had to do- a craving he couldn't silence. It wasn't about what he wanted anymore. He needed it. Without his daily dose of Valentina, he'd feel miserable.

Such a healthy relationship.

So to quench his thirst for her, Levi had decided that he was going to spend the night in her room. They didn't necessarily have to have sex- preferably they do- but it wasn't really about that. Sure, this drought was killing him. But sex isn't what he needs from her. It's what he wants, but not what he needs. What he needs, is her.

He went into his own room first, to change into sweatpants, before he headed to her room. Levi usually sleeps with nothing but his boxers on, since clothes really bother him in bed, but for the sake of Valentina's eye virginity, he sacrificed his comfort by wearing at least sweatpants to bed. Besides, the comfort of having her in his arms all night long will compensate for it.

Carefully, he opened the door to her bedroom, trying his best not to wake her. The lights in her room were out, and the only sign of life was the slight hump of her covers that moved along to her breathing. He tip-tooed to the other side of the bed after closing the door softly, the soft click as the door locked startling him. His head snapped in the direction of where he assumed she layed to check if she had woken. She hadn't.

When he arrived at the edge of the bed, he carefully pulled away the covers to make room for himself. He moved slowly as he climbed on to the bed, hoping the dipping of the mattress didn't wake her. Again, she didn't.

When Levi was fully on th bed, finally, he breathed out a sigh of relieve. He hadn't expected her to be such a heavy sleeper. For a moment, he started to worry about what will happen in the morning when she wakes up next to him. Would she get angry? There's a big possibility that she would. Just because she let him join her in the morning doesn't mean he's free to join her at night too. Levi gave himself a quick mental high-five as he realized how well he understood her thinking before going back to the problem at hand. She enjoyed this morning just as much as he did, he just knew it. She wouldn't get angry for giving her that comfort again, right? Wrong, Levi corrected himself. This is Valentina, she could get angry over someone liking the third part of Lord of the rings better than the first one.

But still, Levi couldn't get himself to get out. This woman was too addicting. He just couldn't do it. Besides, what if this turns out OK? What if she doesn't get angry. With Valentina, you never know. She might like it. Her moodswings were unpredictable, and Levi was willing to risk it.

He pulled the covers over himself before turning to look at his wife. She layed with her back to him, her entire body hurled up under the covers. Levi turned on his side, his front to her back and draped an arm over her waist somewhat unceremoniously, not worrying about waking her no more.