~1~

It all started 4 years ago. Laure was my neighbour. She lived in Norway with me but that was just temporary. She's from a small country where there is always wars, hurt, pain...

She had always believed that tomorrow will be better and that the sun will shine again. She was always smiling, no matter how much pain she held in her heart.

...

She lives here in Norway with her aunt. Her parents couldn't leave and come with her. She thinks about them everyday. She believes that they are fine and that she'll meet them again.

She had an older sister "Brooke" but she died 4 years ago. One day, she was playing outside when suddenly, a bomb came to their house and... she died right after it. So her parents, to protect Laure, they forced her to travel to Norway and to live with her aunt. It's for her own good.

She can't communicate with her parents that often. But her aunt always says that they are fine and that they miss her so much.

Laure is such an amazing girl. She's only 15 but because of all the pain she lived in all her life, she is more responsible than any adult and understands life more than any one.

She doesn't have that much friends because she is always in her room and doesn't go out. But sometimes she comes to my house and that makes me feel special.

We go to the same school. She always sits by herself, in the back of the class. Everyone makes fun of her because she's so shy and that makes me mad. No one knows her story. No one knows how much she's hurting. They always judge her and humiliate her.

I know how much she hates them. I know how badly she wants to return to her country. It's like hell here! But that doesn't form an obstacle in her way. She always gets the highest grades in class and she's always the first. That makes me so happy for her.

One day, I saw her eating alone in the cafeteria. I left my friends and went straight to the table where she was sitting.

I am the only one who knows her story, so I need to help her.

Marcus-:" Hey, can I sit with you?".

Laure-:" Sure. You don't have to ask."

When I sat next to her, we didn't talk that much, she was only looking at her plate.

Marcus-:" So... are you coming to my house tonight?".

Laure-:" I guess, but of course I need to ask my aunt."

Marcus-:" I'm waiting for you. I bought this really cool game and I want to play it for the first time with my best friend."

Laure-:" Ah so i'm your best friend?"

Marcus-:" Come on we have known each other for like 4 years! You're more than that. You're my sister."

She thanked me. We said goodbye and went to our classes. I could hear whispers all the way: "Omg Marcus gunnarsen was sitting with that girl? How? How did he? WHAT?"

That didn't bother me. I don't care about what people think...

I will continue this story after I finish "if only".