4 august 2020

24 august 2017... I posted the first chapter of this story...

4 august 2018... I posted the last chapter...

And 4 august 2020... This story turned into reality... (same day how ironic)

"Will you remember me?" was written for a reason... i wrote it because i wanted to show the world that this story happens everyday in our world, specially, the Arab world...

Last Tuesday, a large blast hit the Lebanese capital Beirut. The explosion has killed more than 150 people with thousands injured. More than 30 000 people lost their houses and are now sleeping on "what's left of " the streets... Parents are crying their eyes out because their sons and daughters are either still missing, or were found dead...

As a Lebanese citizen, i thank god that my family and I are safe, but i can't say that we're fine! We're not fine and will never be fine again. How am i supposed to sleep knowing that a lot of mothers are desperately searching for their kids who remain missing? How am i supposed to eat knowing that a lot of lebanese can't afford eating because of the massive economic crisis ? And how am i supposed to smile when people are crying in the cemetery?

My heart broke into 10 452 pieces. Things will never be the same anymore. While other 18 years old girls are dreaming of college and traveling the world, my dream is to get back to my normal life! Yes! I miss the life that i used to call boring! I miss sleeping knowing that tomorrow will be better...

But now what?

We are passing days instead of living them.
We feel alone! We feel unwanted!
We don't want your sympathy... we just want to feel safe and that life is worth the fight...

But is it too hard?

(This is the largest explosion in the world after Hiroshima and Nagasaki)

Keep us in your prayers:(