Chapter 23- Remembrance

Genevieve~

She snuggled closer to Jeff, feeling the heat radiating off his body. It felt so comfortable around him. Jeff glanced down at her, then he gave a warm smile. A smile that she loved a lot. She smiled back at him and Jeff turned his head back to gaze at the horizon. After their hike, they had settle for another dinner on the hill as the watched the sun, a bright orange-yellow ball slowly hid among the forest trees beneath them. Genevieve's body beside Jeff's as they watched the sun hide.

"Perfect..." She murmured. It was like a picture. Both of them side by side, against each other, enjoying, savouring this moment while it lasts. Jeff swooped down and pecked her cheek. Genevieve smiled up at him and gave him a peck on the lips. Jeff smirked. But instead of feeling annoyed, Genevieve felt this bubbly feeling none of her ex-boyfriends given her. Bliss? Genevieve thought. Maybe... maybe it will stay like this. Forever. She smiled at herself.

***************************************************************************************************************************

Jeff~

The sun set in the horizon. He gave a slight smile. It was painful to remember about Jenny. He remembered watching the sunset with her, waiting for the bright twinkling stars to come out and would watch as the full moon shone bright like a diamond in the midnight blue sky. He almost felt the same, with Genevieve right by his side. He could smell a faint lavender scent on her. Jenny's favourite flower. On Genevieve. It was still different, maybe it was his mind set that was changing, but he still could not forget Jenny. His first love. If love was even called love at six years old. He took a deep breath. With Genevieve by his side, he felt happy. The sun faded and the first stars shone in the dark sky. Genevieve lay on the grass and pointed at a star.

"There! The brightest star in the sky!" Genevieve exclaimed, then she nudged him," make a wish." She told him. Jeff chuckled and nodded. The star seemed to be smiling down at him as he looked up at it. Jeff closed his eyes.

"Please tell be the truth about what happened to Jenny." He whispered to himself, as if he was the star. Genevieve also made her wish, she looked up at him smiling before sitting up straight and hugging her legs tightly.

"What did you wish for?" She asked him. Jeff shrugged and smiled at her. Then he placed an arm on her shoulder and whispered gently into her ear. "A wish remains as a secret. Until it comes true." Genevieve laughed lightly. But like her, he was curious on what she wished for.

"You?" He asked curiously. She just laughed and smiled at him.

"I want... a lollipop." She said. Jeff smiled. Such a innocent wish. Then they took another few minutes looking up in the sky. Talking about the stars above them. Then Jeff stood up and ran down the hill. Without Genevieve.

"Where are you going?!" She yelled. Jeff just ignored her and ran across the dirt path, along the path to Jenny's house, but he took a detour.

What the hell was he doing?! Stop it Jeff! Where are you going? Why did you leave Genevieve there?

There was one name in his head. Jenny. Why????

He ran to the run down hut. The playroom. His mind remembered, they were sitting on a swing. Together. Tears blinded his eyes, those memories flashed through his mind. His heart ached for his best friend. A tear rolled down his cheek, Jeff could not help, he missed Jenny to dearly. Then he went to a corner of the room and brought out a jar of lollipops. Heart shaped lollipops. Jenny gave them to him for his forth birthday, the tears blurred the picture of the jar, he kept the jar with him. Cherishing it, he could not bear to eat them.

He opened the jar and took out a yellowed paper. In kid-like letter, were the words 'Happy Birthday to my sweetest friend ever' and at the bottom, written in red, ' I LOVE YOU.' Jeff inhaled a sharp breath, tears threatened to appear, he blink several times, hiding the emotions in him.

He touched the note affectionately, he whispered up.

"I love you too Jenny. Please come back to me." He hugged the note across his heart. Then there were footsteps, he turned around.

"Genevieve." He whispered. Pain was filled in her eyes.

***********************************************************************************************************************

She saw Jeff run down the hill. Running behind him, she followed him curiously and saw him take a turn at Jenny's house. But she saw something sparkling in Jenny's backyard. A bouquet of violets. A sick feeling grew in Genevieve's stomach. It hit her like a punch. Then she saw a note.

"No matter dead or alive, you will still be my Jenny. I love you. XOXO- Jeff"

Genevieve held back a breath, her heart skipped a beat. He loved her. She immediately went numb. And she saw a figure going into a hut. The figure was obviously Jeff. She crept there silently. There was a sick feeling in her gut. Then Genevieve froze.

She heard him said... those words to her. To Jenny. Not Genevieve. The first tear fell from her face.

"No!" Genevieve yelled. The pain hit her full force. It hurt too much. Jeff still loved Jenny. She bit her lip. He just used her as a tool. To forget her. Finally understanding him, she ran. She ran away from the hut, then she heard shattering glass. And then her name.  Feeling deceived and cheated, she ran onto the main road. She had heard his words. Jeff cared too much about Jenny to noticed her. She stoned there for a few seconds, with hurt and sadness flooding her senses.

"Genevieve!" Jeff yelled, clasping her arm, Genevieve turned around, her face tear stained.

"I heard you Jeffery Silverstone. You used me as a tool! A shelter. To forget Jenny! After all this time it was for her. Not me." Genevieve yelled at him, shoving him backwards, Jeff tripped over some stones and fell over. Coldly, Genevieve turned around and ignored him. How could something so good suddenly go so wrong?! Genevieve ran faster than she ever did. Away from Jeff. Tears stung her eyes and her sprinted. Far away. Betrayal. Like how she felt when her mother had the 'conversation'. They all were hiding something from her, she wanted to know what was wrong.

She hiked to the highway and flagged down the nearest taxi. She bit her lip as the words flashed in her mind.

Genevieve and Jeff is over. They had broken up. Genevieve reached home and ran up to her room. She grabbed the pillow nearest to her and hugged it. She and Jeff were over. All the memories they shared were over, all the beautiful times, she was just Genevieve Summers. An average girl. She was not Jenny, the perfect girl that Jeff wanted. Her phone vibrated. She glanced at the caller, her heart broke again.

Jeff.

Genevieve sighed and picked up the phone.

"Hello?" Genevieve answered. There was a pause on the phone.

"What happened Genevieve? What did I do?" Genevieve hiccupped.

"You don't like me at all. All you care about is Jenny. You don't love me. You love her! Why did you choose me in the first place?!" Genevieve screamed into the phone. Her tone was filled with obvious rage and jealousy.

"I love you..." He protested, his tone filled with sadness. Genevieve shook her head, she wasn't going to fall for him ever again.  He can say he love her... but trust takes time to build, 1 minute to break and forever to repair. Genevieve gritted her teeth.

"It's over Jeff. I loved you, you didn't appreciate it. I trusted you. How could you." Genevieve said, her tone was shaking with hatred. "We are done. Goodbye Jeff. I wish you happiness." Then she hung up and started sobbing uncontrollably into her pillow.

If only you didn't hurt when you lose a person...

*******************************************************************************************************************

Dedicated to Jeff117Goh.

And I'm sorry readers... they are breaking up.