Chapter 1

My mother and I sit side by side on our couch as we watch Ghostbusters.

"Caitlin, honey. Are you okay?"

I look up at Mom. Her eyes are usually blue, but right now they're a steely gray.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I reply, nodding. "Why do you ask?"

"You just look upset."

"Not upset, I just.... I miss them."

"I know, baby. I miss 'em, too." She says, rubbing my shoulder.

My grandparents had died three months earlier, both losing their battle with cancer. We'd lived with them for as long as I could remember, and even longer, according to my mom. I'd never been away from them longer than a week. Now, I had to live the rest of my life without them.

I don't like expressing my emotions. Makes me feel weak. So, I typically just write down my feelings rather than telling someone about it. I don't even like telling my mom about this stuff.

Suddenly, the front door bursts open and three men in suits come in.

Mom jumps up and shoves me behind her. 

"Who the hell are you?!" She yells.

"That is none of your concern, mortal." The middle man replies coolly.

An invisible force shoves me and Mom back, slamming us into a wall. Mom falls to the floor in an unconscious heap.

"Mom!" I scream, fighting against the force in a desperate attempt to reach my mother.

"Don't waste your energy, deary." The middle man says, smiling hideously.

"Let us go!!" I cry, tears spilling down my face.

"Not gonna happen, sweetheart."

They advance towards me, they're eyes turning pure black.

"Stay away from me!!" I scream.

They chuckle as they continue towards me.

Suddenly, my leg snaps in two. I scream in agony. The middle man-whom I'm beginning to realize is the leader-grabs me by the throat, cutting off my cries.

"Are you ready to die, Winchester?"

"I'm not a Winchester." I croak.

He chuckles. "You can't deny it, honey." He nuzzles my neck. I whimper, cringing away from him. 
He chuckles lowly. "You reek of those damned hunters."

"Please. J-just let us go. Please."

"Begging won't get you anywhere, sweetness."

He tightens his grip on my throat, completely cutting off my airway.

"Don't worry. I'll make it quick."

As my vision blurs and darkens, two men holding shotguns come running in.

"Looks like the rest of the family's here."

They raise they're guns, aim, and... I pass out.