Chapter 12

*Three months later*

*Caitlin's POV*

It's been three months since I turned. Cas only comes around when we call him, which isn't very often since my mom typically patches us up.

Even though I'm a werewolf now, I still go out and hunt. Just, you know, not on full moons.

Right now we're headed to a town in Georgia called Mystic Falls.

"I'm guessing it's a whole horde of these things according to the death rate and disappearances." Sam says, staring at his phone.

"Well, that should be easy as pie then." Dad replies sarcastically.

I started calling Dean Dad when he started calling me Caity.

Anyway, we just passed a sign that says, "Welcome to Mystic Falls." And below it says, "Population: 6,923."

"I'm pretty sure they're population is a little lower than that now."

"Dad!" I exclaim.

"What? It's true."

I roll my eyes. My father, everyone.

Half an hour later we pull up outside of the sheriff's office.

"Alright. Since the last time I left you out here you got abducted, you're coming in with us." Dad says.

"Okay." I say, nodding.

Dad and Sam walk in first with me close behind.

We walk into the sheriff's office to find a man about 5'11 with sandy blonde hair and blue eyes. He's gorgeous.

"Can I help you?" He asks, his voice sending shivers up and down my spine.

Yeah. Marry me?

"Yeah. I'm Agent Audmen." Dad says, flashing his fake FBI badge. "These are my partners, Agent Keller," Sam flashes his badge. "And Agent Greene." I flash my badge. "And we're here to investigate a series of unexplained disappearances. Are you the Sheriff here?"

"I am." He replies. "Sheriff Mathew Donavan. What can I help you with?"

"We'll need all the the files and names of the people who've disappeared." Sam says.

"Of course." Sheriff Donavan says. "Deputy Lockwood can help you with that. Lockwood!"

A man with pitch black hair that's spiked in places and brown eyes turns around.

"Yeah, Sheriff?"

"I need you to show these agents where the records and files are. And give them the list of all the people who've gone missing."

"Yes, sir." Deputy Lockwood says, leading us out of the Sheriff's office. "Right this way."

I couldn't help the way my stomach did strange little backflips as I caught Sheriff Donavan staring at me.