Chapter 3

The smell of pizza wakes me from my dead sleep.

I inhale deeply as I slowly sit up, opening my eyes. I look around to find that I'm in what appears to be a motel room. My stomach rumbles. Hmmm...food first, then I'll worry about where I am.

I slide off the bed and follow the smell of food around a corner into a kitchenette where three men sit, one looking at a laptop screen, one shoving his face with pizza, one simply sitting and watching.

I yawn, walking in.

The man looking at his laptop turns and smiles warmly. "Good morning."

"Mornin'." I mumble sleepily.

"You sleep alright?" The man stuffing his face asks.

"Pretty good. Probably would have slept longer had I not smelled food."

Man Number 1 laughs, turning back to his laptop. "We don't even need a blood test."

"Pizza's on the counter." Man 2 says.

"Thanks."

I notice that the third man has yet to say anything. Also, there's someone missing...

"Where's my mom?" I ask.

"She ran down to get some things at the store." Man 1 says.

"Oh."

Man 3 furrows his brow. "She did not run. She took the Impala."

"It's a figured of speech, Cas." Man 1 says, chuckling.

"So, what's your guys' names?" I ask putting three slices on a paper plate.

"I'm Sam." Man 1 says. "That's my brother, Dean." He points to Man 2. "And this is Cas." He gestures to Man 3.

"Okay. Easy enough." I say, sitting down next to Sam. "What're you looking at?"

"Nothing really." Sam replies. "Just stuff."

"'Mysterious happenings in the city of Linton, Indiana.' Yeah, that looks like nothing alright." I say, taking a bite of pizza.

"Looks like she got your attitude." Sam says, looking at Dean.

"Nope. Got that from my momma."

The front door opens and familiar footsteps enter the room. "Who got what from me?"

"I got my attitude from you." I say, looking back at Mom as she carries four full grocery bags.

I get up and take all four bags from her. "You don't need to be carrying anything heavy with your ovaries the way they are."

I set the bags on one of the beds and begin looking through its contents.

"What's this for?" I ask, holding up a large container of salt.

"We were running low." Dean says.

"Did you really need this much? Are you trying to clog your arteries?"

"That's not what we use it for." Dean says.

"Then what the heck do you use it for?" I ask.

"You'll see."

"She certainly will not." Mom says suddenly.

"What're you talking about?" Dean asks. "She's a Winchester. She's gotta learn to hunt."

"No, she does not. If huntings as dangerous as you've all made it out to be, she's not going out there and risking her life."

"Mom..." I complain.

"No." Mom says sternly. "I will not let you risk your life like this."

"Do you honestly think I'd let anything-or anyone, for that matter-hurt her? She's my daughter, you know."

"Except you weren't her father for seventeen years!"

"Because I didn't know she even existed!"

"STOP IT!" I scream at them. "BOTH OF YOU! You're acting like children."

"Yes, but it is quite amusing."

I turn to find a man in head to toe black.

"Wouldn't you think so, Moose?"

"Crowley, what are you doing here?" Dean asks, agitation evident on his face. "In case you haven't noticed, now is not the best time."

"Well, I figured I might just drop by and see how the Bugger's doing. And from the looks of it, you're doing rather well."

"Well, I'd be doing better if my mom would let go on hunts with Dean and Sam."

"This is not up for discussion. Especially not with the King of Hell."

"Well, I'm not one to choose sides, but there are few hunters as it is. The more hunters that are out hunting, the better off the world will be. I could care less if the world is full of hunters or without it, but in this case, I'm humoring the idea."

"See?!"

Mom stops and purses her lips. "Fine. I let you go on one hunt. ONE. HUNT. If you get hurt, that's it. No more hunting. Understand?"

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!!" I cry, hugging Mom.

"You're welcome, baby." She says, patting my back.

"If it makes you feel any better, I'll go with her."

We all turn to look at Castiel, who's now up out of his seat and standing there, staring at...me?

"That'd be great. Thank you, Castiel."

I smile at Cas. He returns my smile, practically melting my heart.