Chapter 4

I wake to the sound of thunder crashing. I jump, a small squeak escaping my lips. Mom snorts in her sleep next to me. Anxiety twists in my chest, my breaths coming out in fast, short pants. No! Not now! I can't have a panic attack now!

I scramble out of my bed, my blanket wrapping around my feet, causing me to fall.

Mom snorts again in her sleep, but doesn't wake up.

Mom. I want Mom. I open my mouth to call for Mom, but the word that comes out completely baffles me.

"Cas..."

There's a strange, flapping noise, followed by quick footsteps.

"Caitlin? Are you alright? What happened?" He asks, kneeling down beside me.

My chest constricts as my vision blurs. I bury my face in his chest as a whimper escapes me. My breathing quickness and my heart beat races.

I fist my hands in my hair, pulling at the strands.

"Hey, hey. Shhh." Cas soothes, rubbing my back with one hand while untangling my hands from my hair with the other. "It's okay. It's okay. You're okay. Nothing is going to hurt. Not while I'm here. I promise."

Suddenly, my chest relaxes, my breathing and heart rate slow , and my anxiety completely dissipates.

"Better?" He asks, his breath tickling my ear.

"Yeah." I whisper.

I look up and stare into his eyes. He smiles. I stretch up and brush my lips against his. Electricity runs through me, causing my body to heat. My lips leave his for a split second, before his are being smashed against mine. We kiss for a solid five minutes, before he pulls away.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have taken advantage of you like that."

I furrow my brow. "You didn't take advantage of me."

I lean up and kiss him again. He smiles against my lips before pulling away.

"You need to sleep."

He picks me up and places me back on my bed, pulling my blanket up off the floor. He turns and starts off towards the door.

"Hey." I whisper.

He turns and looks back at me, confusion in his eyes.

"Don't leave. Please?"

He furrows his brow and cocks his head to the side.

"I don't like thunder storms. They...scare me."

"Alright." He says, coming and laying beside me.

I roll over and bury my face in his chest, breathing in his scent.

"Goodnight, Cas." I mumble.

"Goodnight, Caitlin." He replies, wrapping his arms around me.

This is the safest I've felt in a long time

(Hey!! Author here!! Ik this was kinda out of the blue, but I thought it would be a nice addition. Well, that's all for now. Bye!!)