Chapter 33: Protect

Sienna Astra's POV

"You... Oh My Gods!" Cress said in surprise. She then gasped like she couldn't believe what she is seeing right now.

"Sienna," I turned to Zero when he called me, "You're a knock out." He added. The compliment made me feel uneasy. It's so unusual for him to use such odd words.

"Focus on our enemy." I excused, although I kind of want to agree with Cress' reaction. I felt— different. Tumango naman sila at ibinaling ang tingin sa kalaban.

"So you're able to summon the power of the constellations and use them for yourself?" Persei asked with a smirk. I didn't want to start a conversation with her. In 15 minutes, the spell will worn out. Wasting my energy and my time talking to her is the last thing I would wanna do.

Sinugod ko sya gamit ang latigong naka sabit sa baywang ko. In this form, my speed and my moves are enhanced to the extent of high level combat. Hence the title of this constelation, "Queen of the Night Sky". 

I secretly used my strength to combine it with the force of my whip as I violently swung it to her. She didn't expect my attack, kaya naman nasugatan ang kanyang kanang pisngi. I didn't waste any more chance, so I clasped my hands together, causing all the vines around us to strike her. Unfortunately, she managed to dodge it.

"Not bad for an obvious new user of the 9 keys." She said while looking at me sharply. "But do you know who caged me in this prison?" She then asked as she hurled a black energy ball towards me. I quickly waved my right hand to block it with a vine. Zero then backed me up by surprising her with an energy projectiles.

"I don't know and I don't care." pabalang kong sagot. Persei wiped the blood on her cheek while looking at me. 

"Astraea. That goddess of yours. She put me in here. All my sufferings were all because of her!" I didn't listen to her because I already know the whole backstory. 

Persei Ravon. She used to be Astraea's servant. Beautiful, loyal and a loving stewardess of Astraea who lived in the goddess' temple. 'Til one day, Astraea sent a message to all of her servant saying that 'An undefined meteor fell near the temple. No one must touch nor go near it'. As one of the goddess' servant, Persei obeyed her with no questions. Pure intention of following her instructions. Then the next day, when she was picking some flowers for the temple's decoration, she felt an enormous amount of power. On account of her curiousity, she went looking for it until she found the meteor. It was the meteor Astraea was talking about.

Persei didn't dare to get near it since the goddess had already warned them about the stated object. Nevertheless, the insecurities that has been hiding within her, hit her. She was the only servant in the temple who doesn't have a power. An attendant of a goddess who wields nothing but her loyalty to serve her patron. Whereas, this unknown object was releasing so much power. So much ethernano that gave her a foul idea. She can try to touch it and see what will happen.

She looked around to check if someone else was with her. watching her every move. Fortunate i  her satisfactory, she saw nobody. So, warily she walked closer to it before coming in contact with it. As soon as her palm touched the bare rock, he felt the ethernano flowed into her body. 

Greed slowly eating her system, she continued on absorbing the mana in it. When she was contented with the amount she was able to absorbed, she left the— now— impuissant meteor and immediately went back to the temple like she'd done nothing wrong. 

The next day, Astraea found out and kicked her out of the temple. The meteor was from the demon star, Algol. The worst enemy of the goddess. Because of her disobedience, she was banned from her home and was fired as a servant of the goddess.