CHAPTER ONE

| Sloane's Point of View |

I browsed through the thousands vinyl records, looking for anything that caught my attention. I sighed as I found nothing.

"Need some help?" A very cute younger boy asks, walking towards me.

"U-Uh, no. T-Thank you though." I stutter. Gosh, Sloane! Get your crap together.

"Well, I'm Jakob. Just holler if you need me." He shrugs. I nod before he walks away.

I decided to move onto the cassette tapes, since my car is an old piece of crap and still has a usable tape deck.

As I looked my phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Where are you? You have to babysit your brother tonight!" My Aunt, Brenda yells through the phone.

"I'll be home in 20 minutes! I promise." I say.

"Answer my question, damn it. Where are you?" She demands.

"I had to run to the store for tampons, Brenda." I say quietly.

"Hurry up. I don't have time for your bullshit." She snorts.

"Okay, Okay. I'm checking out now." I lie. She hangs up before I could say goodbye. I roll my eyes and lay my phone down on the shelf above my head.

I picked up one which read, "1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours" by a band called Green Day. It was only two bucks so I grabbed it. I walked towards the counter where an older man was standing. I assume he was the younger boys father. They have similar features.

"Green Day? Good pick." He says, before smiling at me.

"Thanks. I haven't heard this album yet." I say returning the smile.

"Don't worry about paying. It's just two bucks." He says before handing me back the cassette.

"I would feel better if I paid for it." I say trying to give him the two dollars.

"No, Keep your money." He says. "I'm serious."

"Well...U-Um..thank y-you." I say shoving the tape into my purse.

"You're welcome, sweetheart. Have a good rest of your evening." He says as I turn to leave.

"You too.." I say before pushing the door open.

I get into my car and speed towards our house. I prayed Brenda didn't ask for a receipt. I pulled into the driveway, throwing my car in park.

"Thanks for getting here so fast." She says sarcastically.

"I'm sorry. Traffic was backed up." I say.

"Whatever, Sloane. I'll be back tomorrow morning. Mrs. Vergara is watching you. You better not have anyone over. I mean it." She points as she grabs her purse.

"Okay." I nod.

"I left 20 bucks on the counter if you get hungry order a pizza. Blaise is sleeping he should be awake later." She says before opening the back door.

"Good bye, Sloane." She says.

"Good bye." I reply. I watch her back out the drive way and haul ass down the road.

I sighed a plopped down on the couch. I flipped on the television trying to find something to watch. I finally decided on Untold Stories of the ER. As I watched I realized I didn't have my phone on me.

I looked in the couch and on the counters. No where to be found. So I walked out to my car and it wasn't in there either.

"Fuck." I say finally realizing where it was. I'd left it on the shelf at the record store.

Around the time I started cursing at myself, Blaise walked in rubbing his eyes.

"Hey bud." I say.

"Hey." He says hugging my waist. "I'm hungry."

"Go get your shoes and we can go to Mel's." I reply ruffling his shaggy blonde hair.

"Okay." He murmurs before heading down the hallway.

I grab my keys and wallet before slipping on my shoes.

"Can you tie my shoes?" Blaise asks looking down at his dirty with Converse.

"Of course." I nod. I bend down and tie his shoes. We head out the door and to my car.

Blaise climbs into his carseat buckling himself up.

"We have to somewhere else really quick buddy." I say backing out the driveway. He just nods.

I put on the radio trying to find something we could both listen to.  Soon I pulled into a parking spot only to find the older man locking the place up.

"Uh..E-Excuse me." I say getting out the car.

"Oh. Hi, we aren't open." He says.

"I left my phone in here earlier and I really need to get it back incase my aunt calls. She'll be really mad at me if I don't answer and she'll think I'm doing something I shouldn't be. And i really don't want that happen because I'll be in some ve-" I babble before he cuts me off.

"I have it right here." He says pulling it out his pocket. "I was coming to return it."

"You don't know where I live?" I say in a questioning tone.

"It's on your license. Your license is in your case." He says.

"Oh..duh." I say, my cheeks turning pink from embarrasment. I watched his blank face suddenly turn into a smirk. He was really attractive..

"Don't be embarrassed love." He chuckles.

"I'm not." I reply crossing my arns. "Anyways, can you just give me my phone?"

"Yeah..here," He says handing it to me. He peeks in my car waving at Blaise.

"Is that your kid?" He asks. "He's adorable."

"Nope, my brother." I shrug opening my car door.

"I'm hungry!" Blaise whines.

"Okay, Okay." I reply. "Thank you for returning my phone....um..."

"Billie Joe." He answers.

"Well thank you, Billie Joe."