CHAPTER TWO

| Sloane's Point of View |

'goodmorning, sloane. hope you slept well.'

I stared at my phone.

'who is this?'

They replied within seconds.

'billie joe? from the record store?'

'oh !! sorry !'

'one my employees just quit..do you have a job?'

'no. but ive been looking for one'

'wanna work here? i mean you don't really have to do anything.'

'i'll get back to you abt it.'

That was the last I heard from him. I had to check with Brenda, to see if that was okay. I'm sure it would be fine. She's not a bitch all the time.

"Brenda?" I call walking down the hallway.

"Laundry room." She yells back. Soon I found myself standing infront her. "What is it?"

"I just got a job offer." I say.

"Good. You need a job. You're lazy." She says folding clothes.

"So I can do it?" I ask.

"Have at it, kid." She shrugs.

"Thank you." I gush before running off to my room again.

'i'll take it.'

'great! could ya come in today? or am i asking for too much?'

'be there soon.'

I changed into a pair of skinny jeans and a black v-neck. I grabbed my glasses (because I'd ran out of contacts) and slipped on a pair of sandals. I left my hair the way it was because I didn't really care. I never brushed it because of its frizz.

I left without telling Brenda where I was going. But I think she'd figure it out.

I pulled into a parking spot infront of the store before shutting off my car.

They shop was quiet and not busy. I made my way towards the back where I found Billie Joe and Jakob.

"Nice to see you." Billie Joe says.

"Nice to see you too." I nod.

"Jake, this is Sloane. She'll be helping us out." Billie Joe says. "Jake has school so he won't be here alot."

"Okay." I nod.

Why was I so awkward and nervous?

"Speaking of school, dad I've gotta head out." Jakob says. "Lunch is only an hour."

"That's fine. Go on." Billie says shooing Jakob away.

"Bye Sloane. Bye dad." Jakob waves as he heads for the front door.

"Bye Jakob!" I smile.

I stared out the big glass windows and into the sky.

"Earth to Sloane.." Billie Joe chuckles. I shake my head and turn around.

"Yes?"

"You okay?" He asks. "Ya seem a little off."

"I'm great." I giggle. His mouth turns into a smile and my cheeks get hot. "Don't make me laugh. My laugh is ugly."

"It's actually pretty cute." He admits. My cheeks got even hotter. Sure I had guys compliment me sometimes but it felt...different?

"Thanks." I say shyly.

He pulls a chair up to where he was sitting before patting it.

"So, Sloane. Tell me about yourself." He says.

"Well..I'm pretty boring. Are you sure?" I ask biting my lip. His breath hitched in his throat and I thought he would start choking any minute now.

"I'm sure." He says, finally.

"My names Sloane Holmes. I'm actually from Arkansas but I moved here a few months ago. I finished high school and eventually I wanna go to college," I explain. "I don't have a great music taste. So you're gonna have to help me out."

I could feel him staring at me intently as I talked I finally had to ask, "Is there something in my teeth? Why do you keep staring at me?"

"Because you're beautiful." He states.

"I..uh..I.." I stutter.

"Are you in a relationship?" He asks.

"N-N-No.." I squeaked. "Why?"

"Just curious..." He smirks.

"O-Oh." I say. More like stutter, you idiot.

I heard the bell ring causing me to look over st the door. A shaggy looking guy came in reeking of pot.

"Got any Green Day?"