CHAPTER NINETEEN

| Sloane's Point of View |

I sat on the beach watching as Billie Joe and Joey surfed. Jakob was sleeping beside me in a chair.

I could feel my skin burning from the tanning oil, so I dug into Billie's bacpack hoping he had some sunscreen.

Instead of pulling out sunscreen, I pulled out a pill bottle that the label scratched off. I bit my lip, anger washing over me.

I tossed the bottle back in the bag and zipped it up. I folded my arms over my chest and pressed my tongue against my cheek.

Joey and Billie walked through the sand, dripping wet and laughing their heads off. I glared at Billie through my sunglasses. I didn't want to make a scene infront of the boys, though. So I decided to bite my tongue until we were alone.

Billie unzipped his wetsuit leaving his tattoos exposed. I loved his tattoos. God, he was so hot. I quickly shook the thought. I was still pissed off at him.

We laid around on the beach for another hour or so, just talking about random things. We left around five and stopped by McDonald's for dinner. I was too tired to cook.

When we arrived home, Joey and Jakob went straight to their rooms and passed out leaving Billie and I by ourselves.

"We need to talk." I mumble sitting on the edge of our bed.

"What is it?" He asks digging through his dresser for a pair of shorts.

"Please tell me the pills in your backpack aren't yours." I plead.

I watch his head fall towards the ground. "I'm sorry."

I sighed and laid back on the bed. I really didn't feel like arguing. Five minutes went by before Billie Joe spoke.

"Say something, Sloane."

I look over at him and shrug. "I clearly can't control you. You do what you want. Cheat on me, pop pills. I don't care anymore. I'm just going to act like you don't do any of that. Our marriage is perfect and normal."

He didn't say anything else. He just walked into the bathroom and locked the door.

I don't need to look after him like he's two. He's a grown man.

I just didn't want to lose him.