CHAPTER TWENTY

2015, 2 Years Later
| Sloane's Point of View |

I held onto Billie Joe's arm as cameras flashed in our face. Jakob and Joey were on the otherside of Billie. We stood on the red carpet smiling away. Tonight, Green Day was being inducted in the rock hall of fame.

I was nervous. One, I'd never been on a red carpet before. Two, I was scared someone would noticed my baby bump.

Yes, I'm pregnant. I found out a few hours ago. No one knows yet because I didn't want to ruin tonight. I couldn't change my dress because I had nothing else with me to wear. And the dress is super tight. Surely someone would notice.

We made it inside and were seated at a table beside Tre and his family. Sickness washed over me about halfway into Green Day's speech. I didn't want to be rude, but I also didn't want to throw up all over the table.

I excused myself and quickly walked towards the bathroom. I hovered over the toilet, throwing up my dinner.

"Sloane?" I hear Brittney ask. "You alright?"

"I'm f-" I began before throwing up again. After I was sure I was finished, I wiped my mouth with some toilet paper and stepped out of the stall.

"Oh, sweetie." She says grabbing a paper towel and dabbing my sweaty forehead. "What's the matter?"

"Y-You can't tell anyone." I stutter.

"I promise not to." She nods.

"I-I'm pregnant."

--

I laid my head on Billie's shoulder, closing my eyes. We were heading back to the hotel right now. It was about midnight. It was just us and the driver, of course. Joey and Jakob left early because they didn't want to stay at the after party. I don't blame them.

"So, why'd you just leave in the middle of the speech?" He asks.

"I got sick." I answer sitting up. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine." He shrugs. "It's not a big deal."

"But I missed some of your speech." I say quietly. I could feel tears welling in my eyes. Oh god, Sloane. Do not cry.

"It's okay, really." He chuckles.

"I'm such a shitty wife!" I blurt out bursting into tears. It took Billie by surprise. He was looking at me like I had two heads.

"Baby," He says piulling me into his chest. "You're not a shitty wife."

I continued to cry, surely staining his white button up with mascara.

"Is she okay?" I hear the driver ask.

"She's fine, um, I think." Billie replies.

I finally stop crying and sit up, sniffling.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what's got into me." I say fanning my eyes not wanting to smear my makeup anymore.

"Is there something bothering you honey?" He asks.

Hell yes. I'm pregnant with your baby and I don't now how to tell you.

Fuck it. I'm just gonna say it.

"I'm pregnant." I say. He stares at me before bursting into laughter.

"Great way to lift the mood."

"No, Billie Joe," I shake my head. "I'm serious. I'm having a baby."

"There's no fucking way." He replies. "No fucking way."

"You're not happy?" I squint, crossing my arms.

"Baby, I'm just shocked." He says. "I thought my baby days were over."

"Well, surprise." I mumble.

"Don't be like that." He rolls his eyes intertwining our fingers. "I'm so happy that you're pregnant."

"And I'll love and take care of the both of you. Even if it means I have to kill myself doing it."

My heart melted in my chest and I hugged him tightly.

3 years ago, I never would've even dreamed of being with Billie Joe. He showed me what it was to love someone and I thank him everday for that.

I held my stomach and smiled.

This was a new chapter in our life and it was only beginning.