CHAPTER SEVEN

| Sloane's Point of View |

"Sloane, wake up." I hear Billie Joe groan. "Answer your phone."

"Mmm, no." I mumble rolling over onto my stomach. My phone starts ringing again. I swear to god.

I blindly reach for my phone and put it on speaker.

"Hello?" I answer.

"You haven't been home in two days. Where are you?" Brenda asks.

"I'm at a friend's house." I reply.

"Well, I want you home tonight, Sloane. You don't get to disappear for two days and expect your room to be waiting on you when you get back." She snaps.

"It's two days, not two weeks." I snap back.

"Tonight, Sloane. I mean it." She says before hanging up.

"Who was that?" Billie asks pulling me closer to him.

"My aunt." I yawn nuzzling my head in his chest.

"Ah, fuck." He mumbles as his phone begins to buzz.

"Hello?" He answers.

"I haven't heard from him...His phone's probably dead...Adrienne don't start this bullshit. It's too early in the morning...My parenting skills? Shut up..Whatever..."

He tosses his phone on the floor somewhere before unwrapping his arms and sitting up.

"I've got to go to the record shop for a bit." He says. "You don't have to come in today. But you should really go home. Your aunt seemed upset."

"She'll get over it." I say throwing the covers off me. "I'd much rather spend today with you."

"I'd love to spend it with you too, baby. But I have some shit to take care of." He says.

"Fine," I groan. "I'll go home."

I got up out of bed and fixed my hair. I was wearing leggings and a teeshirt so I just decided to keep it on. I'd take a shower when I got home.

I slipped on my shoes and grabbed my things.

"I'll call you later." Billie Joe says. I nod before opening his bedroom door. "Sloane."

I turn around and raise my eyebrows.

"I love you." He says. My heart melted and a smile crept on my face.

"I love you too." I say before shutting the door. I walked downstairs, avoiding Joey as much as I could. I made my way to my car throwing my bag inside.

Ten minutes later, I was sitting in Brenda's driveway. Sighing, I got out and made my way up to house. Brenda was sitting in the living room, watching television.

"Where were you. I'm being serious. I know you weren't at a friends house. You don't have any." She says.

"I have friends." I retort.

"Sloane, you better not have been at some boy's house." She sneers.

"I was!" I shout. "I was at a boy's house!"

"Are you kidding me?" She asks. "You're just like your mom. Sleeping around with random guys."

"I'm not sleeping around." I say. "I'm a virgin."

"Sure." She rolls her eyes. "Then so am I."

"Wouldn't surprise me." I snap before covering my mouth. She's really gonna kick me out now.

"Pack your shit. You can live on the streets for all I care." She says.

"I never wanted you in the first place."