CHAPTER THIRTEEN

| Sloane's Point of View |

"Sloane?"

I turned around to find Mike standing in my bedroom doorway. I pushed my hair behind my ears and shrugged.

"What."

"Are you depressed?" He asks.

Depressed. Hmm...yes.

But I wouldn't tell him that.

"Nope." I reply before pushing past him. I jogged downstairs and grabbed my things. It'd been a week and a half since I last saw Billie Joe. Jakob said he was freaking out. One, because he was ready to leave. Two, he was worried about me.

I decided to visit him today, just he'd stop freaking out. I didn't want to see him. He really pissed me off last time.

I pulled into the facilty and got out my car. I sighed before going inside. He was my boyfriend. You would think I'd want to see him.

I knocked on the door before entering. Instead of Billie being in the bed, he was in a chair. He was fully clothed instead of wearing one of those gowns. He'd gotten his hair cut. It was no longer shaggy and long. I could decide which was I liked it.

"Hey." I say quietly sitting my purse down beside the door. He looks at me and gives a soft smile.

"Billie!" I whine. "Stop being mad at me!"

"I already told you," He squints. "I'm not mad at you."

"Then what is it? Did I do something wrong? Please help me figure this out. It's driving me crazy." I say choking back tears.

"Sloane," He sighs. "You've done nothing wrong."

"Then what is it!" I say loudly almost yelling.

"I'm mad at myself." He snaps. "I left you by yourself with all these responsibilities. You're too young to deal with all of this."

"Well stop being mad. I've handled everything by myself. I'm doing fine." I say sitting on the edge of his bed. "When do you get out of here?"

"Three more days." He says. I nodded. I was happy he was getting out.

"Sloane?" I looked up and raised my eyebrows.

"When I get out, what do you say about taking a trip?" He asks.

"A trip? Where?" I question.

"Somewhere out of California." He says. "Hawaii or something."

"That's kinda expensive don't you think?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Baby, We have plenty of money." He laughs. "Don't worry about that."

I just shrugged. "Sure. Let's do it."

"Pick a place and we'll go. Just you and me."