CHAPTER TWELVE

| Sloane's Point of View |

"Here, it just the way you like it." I say handing Billie Joe the coffee cup. He sits up in the bed taking the cup from me.

"Thanks." He mutters. Billie looked miserable. He'd been admitted to rehab a few days ago. He was pretty pissed at me for sticking him in here, but it was for his own good.

"Have the boys been by?" I ask sipping on my water. He shakes his head and sits his coffee on the beside table.

"Billie, please stop being mad at me." I plead. "You couldn't keep doing what you were doing. You know that."

"I'm not mad at you." He snaps before looking away. "I just really don't want to be here."

I rub my forehead and sit my water down. "Yeah I get that, but the better you do the sooner you come home."

"I shouldn't even be here!" He exclaims. "I didn't have a fucking problem!"

"I came here to check on you and make sure you're okay. Not argue with you." I say.

"Well I'm fine so you can go." He huffs crossing his arms. I squint my eyes at him before grabbing my purse and cup. I stomp out of his room and down the hallway.

He's such an asshole. I had no idea why I was still with him.

I drove home and sat in my car for awhile. I laid my forehead on the steering wheel and let the tears flow from my eyes.

I wonder what my life would be like if I hadn't met Billie Joe. I'd probably be in college right now. Not working at some shitty record store. Maybe I would be with someone my own age and not someone twice my age. Out of all my relationships, this was the hardest one. I loved Billie Joe so much. But not his habits. I hated the drinking and drugs. I hated the coming home late at night. I hated him never being around.

I know it seemed like we had the perfect relationship. But people only see us in public. They don't see us behind closed doors. And I was still confused on why I hadn't left him.

I wanted us to work out but at this rate, I had no idea if we'd make it to next week.

Someone knocked on my window making me lift my head. It was Mike. I rolled down the window and waited for him to speak.

"You've been sitting out here for thirty minutes. What's the deal?"

"Just thinking." I shrug. "I'm coming inside now."

I rolled up the window and locked my car. Once inside, I went straight to our room and plopped on the bed.

All I could think about was Billie Joe.