CHAPTER SIXTEEN

| Sloane's Point of View |

I blew my hair out my face as I flipped through a magazine.

"Where do these go?" Jakob asks holding up a box of old records.

"Those are mine." I say looking up. "Your dad probably brought then here by mistake."

"You have a good taste in music." He says sitting the box on the table.

"Really? My dad loved playing these." I say pulling one out the box. It was Spunk by The Sex Pistols.

The bell above the door rang. I didn't bother looking.

"Welcome to Vital Vinyl." I say digging through the box.

"Hey mom." Jakob says. I look over to find Adrienne standing in the record store.

"Hi, Jake." She smiles. "Is your dad around? We really need to talk."

"Nope. Dad's in the studio." Jakob answers.

"Really...O-Okay. Well would you tell him I stopped by?" She says. "I'd appreciate it."

"Sure thing." He nods.

"Well, see you later. Love you." She waves.

"Bye mom, love you too." Jake waves back as she leaves. 

Why did she need to talk to Billie so bad? Did something happen between them?

He wouldn't...would he?

What if he cheated on me. We've only been married three months. How could he cheat on me! Relax, Sloane. I'm sure he didn't cheat on you. You're just overthinking stuff.

But it's a possibility.

I could feel the room closing in on me. My chest was getting heavy. My breathing becoming labored. Not a pamic attack.

I grabbed fistfulls of my hair and leaned on the counter.

"Sloane? Are you alright?" Jakob asks.

"Y-" I began before gasping. I couldn't breathe. I slid down the counter onto the floor and pulled my knees to my chest.

Stop thinking bad thoughts. Think good thoughts. Everything is alright.

"Shh, take it easy." Jakob says grabbing my hands. I look up at him and nod trying to catch my breath.

"Jakob?" I hear someone call. It was Billie Joe.

Jakob stood up from behind the counter. "Come here."

I started shaking. If I saw his face I'd start crying.

"Sloane, honey. What's wrong?" Billie asks crouching down beside me. Here csme the tears.

"Deep breaths," He says grabbing my hands. "Breate, sweetheart."

My breathing regulates and I close my eyes. "It was a panic attack."

"What happened?" He asks sitting beside me.

"A-Adrienne came in and w-wanted to talk to you. I j-just started thinking and I just f-freaked out." I stutter out.

"What'd she want?" He asks Jakob. Jakob shrugs and sits on the stool near the coumter.

"You aren't cheating on me are you?" I say barely inaudible.

"No." Billie shakes his head. "Sloane, I'd never."

I nodded and laid my head on his shoulder.

See, Sloane. You can trust him.