CHAPTER SIX

| Sloane's Point of View |

I dreaded work. It meant I had to see Billie Joe. Something I didn't want to do. I walked through the door and his head shot up from his phone.

"Are you mad me?" He asks. I don't answer. I just sit down in the chair the furthest away from him.

"Sloane." He says staring at me. "Sloane!"

"What Billie Joe?!" I scream. "I don't want to talk to you!"

"You're going to talk to me." He huffs.

"No." I mumble. "Because if keep talking to you then my feelings will grow."

"Feelings?" He raises an eyebrow.

"I. Have. Feelings. For. You." I snap.

He stares at me for a minute or so, before grabbing my cheeks and pulling my lips onto his. I didn't kiss back.

"I thought this is what you wanted. You want to be with me right? You're about to miss your chance." He says.

"I want to be with you, yes. But not right now." I say.

"There's your chance. It just flew out the window." He shrugs leaning back in his chair.

"You know what? You're an asshole." I say.

"Yeah. I know." He says. I roll my eyes and get up making my way into the bathroom. I come back out to find him back on his phone.

I come up behind him, grabbing his phone.

"What the hell, Sloane?" He groans. I take him by surprise when straddle his lap. I grab his shirt collar pulling him towards me.

"You aren't a piece of shit. I wish you would realize that." I purr.

"What are you doing?" He asks.

"Trying to make you like me." I say running one hand through his hair.

"Sloane..." He groans. "I like you. I promise. But it's been almost 18 years since I've had a serious relationship."

"Here's you're chance." I say. "I like you. Alot. I want to be with you. I don't care about how old you are. I'm an adult, I don't need outsiders making my decisions."

He wraps his arms around my neck, pulling me down to his lips.

"I think I love you.."