CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

| Sloane's Point of View |

I'd taken the day off today. I needed to clean the house and do some other things. It was quiet with both boys and Mike being gone. The only thing I had to fill my ears was the nusic coming from the radio. 

I started downstairs because it was the dirtiest. It'd been awhile since I cleaned. I never had time.

As I wiped down the windows, someone knocked on the door. I paused the music and made my way towards the door. Adrienne stood there with her hands shoved in her coat pockets.

"Hi..." I say. Why was she here?  She knew the boys were away.

"Hi, Sloane." She replies. "Can I talk to you?"

"U-Uh, of course." I stutter letting her in the door. "Would you like anything to drink?"

"Oh no, thank you." She declines. I nod and sit on the couch. She sits across from me in the reclining chair.

"So.." I trail off.

"It's about Billie." She says. "You're not going to want to hear this, I know. But he won't tell you. So I will."

My hands began to sweat and I could feel my face reddening.

"Billie Joe is not as truthful as you think." She sighs. "He's been cheating, Sloane."

I tensed up and bit my lip. "How would you know?"

"Because, it was with me." She answers.

It took all I had to not jump up and rip this bitch's throat out.

"But I can explain," She says. "It was before he went to rehab. We were both drugged out and it just happened..I'm so sorry."

"I-I...T-Thank you for telling me, I guess." I mumble.

"But it happened again recently..Sloane." She says.

"Okay! Okay!" I say nearly shouting. "I don't want to deal with this."

She nods, understanding. We'd just gotten married and this is the shit he pulls?

"I just wanted to tell you. It was wrong for him to be going behind your back." She says.

You went behind my back too? What the hell?

Instead of saying my thoughts, I just nodded. As she left, I thought I was going to be sick.

I immediately texted Billie. Before chunking my phone across the house.

"Asshole!" I scream swiping a picture of us off the coffee table. I didn't deserve this bullshit.

Hours later, I found myself looking through the liquor cabinet. I'd already finished off a half a bottle of Vodka.

I sat in the middle of the kitchen floor drinking straight from the bottle. I heard the front door open and assumed it was Billie. It was him.

"Sloane?" He calls. I didn't answer him. I just took another swig. He made his way in the kitchen and looked down at me.

"What the fuck are you doing?" He asks.

"Drinking away the fucking pain because you can't keep your dick in your pants!" I scream. "You really cheated on me with Adrienne? You're such a dickhead! I can't believe I married you!"

"Who told you that?" He asks, gritting his teeth.

"She did." I snap.

"You're drunk." He shakes his head, grabbing my wrist.

"Don't touch me." I hiss snatching my arm away.

"Don't be like this." He sighs running his hands through his hair.

"Why did you do it?" I ask. "Am I not enough? Are you sick and tired of me already? Or am I just some toy to you?"

"Dammit, Sloane. Shut up. Would you listen to yourself?" He snaps.

"I married a cheater." I mumble to myself before sprawling out on the floor. I closed my eyes drifting in and out of sleep as Billie explained himself.

I was too intoxicated to listen. The guest bed was calling my name.