CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

| Sloane's Point of View |

I twirled my wedding ring on my finger as I sipped my coffee.  I hadn't spoken to Billie in almost four days. He was spending his time at Mike's. Or that what he said. I didn't know what was I lie and what wasn't.

I didn't think our marriage was failed. It was too early for that. I think we just hit a bump in the road and we just needed sometime away from each other.

I would have to get over the fact that he slept with his ex-wife. And I was prepared to do that. For the sake of us.

I sighed and poured my coffee down the drain. I couldn't drink anymore. After rinsing the mug out, I trudged towards the front door. I had to go to the store today, unfournately. I took a few days off to get my head straight and we were loosing money by the second.

The drive there was slow. When I pulled in the parking lot, Billie Joe's car was there. I groaned and got out. I walked through the back door and hung up my keys. I peeked in his office. He was sitting in the computer chair with his feet on his desk, reading some book.

"Morning." I mumble before walking towards the fromt of the store to unlock the door.

"Are you okay now?" Billie asks coming up behind me.

"I'm fine. I'm over it." I say not daring to look him in the eyes.

"You can't even look at me." He sighs.

"How can I?" I ask throwing my arms up. "It's hard to when all I can think about is you and her."

"I'm sorry!" He exclaims. "I didn't know what I was doing. I realize how much shit I'm putting you through. You don't deserve it. I don't deserve you. You're too good for me."

I just shook my head and sat down in the chair near the counter. "Don't say that. You deserve every bit of me."

"This is just a rough patch, okay? We can pull through."

He suddenly engulfed me in a hug, picking me up. I wrapped my arms around his neck, breathing in his scent. I'd missed him so much. It was true, I couldn't live without this man.

I couldn't imagine where I'd be if I hadn't met him. I honestly think I'd be dead by now. Living with Brenda was toxic. She made me feel worthless.

I looked in his bright green eyes. This man was my soul mate. There was no doubt about it.