Ch. 20 In and Out

Gemma dropped the girls off at TM, heading off to run some more errands which left Tara and Angela standing there in the parking lot alone. Angela glanced at the motorcycles parked in a neat line, recognizing both Juice and Happy's Dynas. "Jax is on his way so I'm gonna wait out here, but you can go inside if you want," Tara suggested, nodding towards the clubhouse. A few Croweaters were standing outside talking to some hang-arounds.

"I don't want to bother them," Angela said, playing with her keys as she glanced at her car.

Tara smiled, pushing her forward gently. "What do you have to lose?"

"Oh nice, T," she snarked back, rolling her eyes at the doctor. "Throw my own words back at me why don't you."

"They were wise words," Tara said with a knowing grin. "Go on. You're not gonna get very far with this club if you're too scared to walk in there alone."

"I hate you," Angela said with a shake of her head and a smile to show she didn't mean it. Taking a deep breath, she made her way to the front door of the clubhouse. She hesitated at the threshold; her nerves making her feel a little sick to her stomach. She was about to head back to her car when a Croweater brushed by her, knocking her shoulder against Angela's and giving her a glare as she disappeared inside. "Fuck it," Angela murmured, following her in; if the Croweater could just breeze in there, so could she.

Luckily, Happy spotted her first, the other club members were out of sight, most likely at the other end of the bar since she could hear them talking in low voices. Her cousin headed towards her from where he'd been looking at the computer with Juice who was still typing away, every so often making a frustrated grunt.

"Hey kid," he greeted, draping an arm over her shoulders and pulling her into a headlock. "What'd I tell you about playin' with guns?"

Of course he found out. He always did. She struggled against his arm, trying her best to get out of his grasp, though she knew it was pointless. She'd be stuck there until he decided to let go. "I wasn't playing. I had a target," she said logically, pushing at his arms with her hands to no avail. "It just happened to be a car this time."

Happy chuckled at her logic, letting her go with a shake of his head. "You at least get some good shots in?"

Angela nodded. "Back window, side mirror. Got a good shot at the rearview mirror, actually. You know, all the fun, shattering parts. I kept away from the body. That shit is expensive to fix."

A proud smile crossed his face as he bobbed his head. "That's my girl."

Juice didn't look up from the computer when he heard her. He just extended an arm, waiting for her to come and fill the space left there. She didn't disappoint. She stepped right into the space he'd left for her, allowing him to wrap his arm around her legs in an awkward hug. "Hey baby," he greeted, pulling his eyes from the screen for a brief moment to look up at her. "How'd you get here?"

"Gemma, surprisingly," Angela answered, sliding her arm around his shoulders. "Just came to pick up my car. Thought I'd say hi."

He pulled her down into his lap, grinning at her laughter. "Hi," he said, catching her lips in a sweet kiss.

"Hi," she replied before shooting a quick glance at Happy who wasn't looking too happy. She quickly pushed herself off of Juice knowing it was better not to piss her cousin off. "I gotta go take care of some things. I'll see you later?"

Juice nodded. "Yeah. Your place?"

She glanced at Happy who rolled his eyes and turned away for a moment, allowing them a minute of privacy. "Sounds good," she said, leaning over and giving him one last, long kiss.