Ch. 91 Bombs Drop

Juice sat on the bed with Angela between his legs as she breastfed their daughter. He loved sitting with them like this. Loved the intimacy of the act. For the moment, it felt like they were in their own little bubble where nothing bad could happen to them. If he could, he would stay there forever. His hand brushed over Angela's back, moving her hair away from the stark white bandage that was covering her new ink. "How long you gotta wear this for?" he asked, itching to take it off to get another look at it.

"Few more hours, goofy," she replied on a laugh. "It's gotta heal a little."

"Hmm," he grunted in disappointment. He nuzzled his nose against her neck, kissing the base of it before moving his way across her shoulders, his lips searing her skin.

A soft, moan left her lips. "Baby, I am feeding your daughter right now," she reminded him, squeezing his thigh with her free hand. "Don't start."

He chuckled, sitting up so he was closer to her. He moved one arm around her waist and settled his other hand on Evie's head. "You're kinda like a cow, Angel," he stated.

If anyone else had called her a cow, she would've smacked them, but he'd said it so sweetly, so innocently, she found it hard to be mad at him for it and laughed instead. "Please explain why you just called me a 'cow', Juice, and be very, very careful with how you do it."

"Oh shit. I didn't mean...not 'cause of how you look because you're beautiful. Like really gorgeous and sexy and pretty and I didn't mean to call you a cow like that," he blurted out quickly, rapidly trying to cover his mistake. "Because I love you and you're gorgeous. Did I mention you're beautiful? Because you are. And I'm...I'm an idiot. I didn't-"

"Its okay. Relax. Just...explain."

Juice rubbed a hand over his head, trying to remember what exactly he'd been trying to say. "I meant...I meant you make milk and then Monk drinks it from you're boob sometimes and other times, you like...milk yourself with that pump thing. Like a cow. But you don't look anything like a cow, Angel. I swear."

Angela's laughter filled the room, making him feel a little bit better about his unfortunate choice of words. "Goof!" she exclaimed, turning her head to kiss his cheek. "You're ridiculous!"

He squeezed her middle as he caught her lips with his own. This was one of those times he was grateful Angela's sense of humor was so similar to his own. If he'd told any other woman they were cow-like, they would've flipped out, but Angela seemed to think it was hilarious. "Love you, Angel," he said on a sigh of relief. "You're not a cow...except for the milk thing."

"Moo," she said, smiling when Evie broke away from her breast, her little hand reaching up and waving around. "Yeah, Evie-doll. Your daddy narrowly dodged a big bullet. Callin' your Mama a cow. Can you believe him? Silly daddy."

Juice chuckled, carefully taking Evie from her arms so she could fix her shirt. "Daddy's a bad guy, Monk. That's somethin' you gotta get used to," he said, mouthing her chubby fingers when she put them to his lips.

"Don't say that," Angela said on a scowl. She sat up, moving so she was seated on the side of him instead, her legs draped over his. She lay a burping cloth over his shoulder to protect his cut while he burped Evie. "You're not a bad guy. At all. Where did you get that from?"

The corner of his lips turned up in a sad smile. "Just...feels that way lately," he admitted. He regretted it when he turned to see her dark eyes studying him with a look of worry and fear. "Angel, I'm okay."

She shook her head slowly; unconvinced. "No, you're not. Stop playing it off as nothing. Juice, talk to me. Please."

"Just been going through a lot of shit lately. I didn't mean it," he said, turning his head to avoid her gaze and focusing on his daughter instead.