Ch. 99 Positive

Angela stared at the little white stick in her hand feeling like the world was closing in on her. She slid down the wall until she was sitting on the cold, tiled floor of the bathroom. She moved her hands into the hair on either side of her head, tugging lightly as she hung her head. "It can't be," she breathed, on the edge of tears. Tilting her head back against the wall, she eyed the other pregnancy tests that were all lined up neatly in their little cups on the counter. All of them were positive. Every single damn one. "Fuck."

She looked over at Evie who was staring at her with those big dark eyes from her seat in the little carrier. "Well, Evie-doll, how do you feel about having an Irish twin?" she asked the baby as if she would answer. Evie farted making Angela laugh. "That good, huh?"

"Ang?" Chloe's voice called out from the living room. She'd called her after the first positive test when she was totally panicking and had told her to come over as soon as possible.

"Back here!" Angela shouted in response, not moving from her seat on the floor. After the eighth pregnancy test, she wasn't panicking anymore. She was terrified.

She listened to Chloe's footsteps get closer and closer. "You have to stop leaving these vague come ASAP messages, Ang. You're lucky I have vacation time or else—holy shit!" she exclaimed, her hazel eyes wide as the stared at the counter. "Are these...shit, these are positive!"

"All eight of 'em," she replied miserably. "Please tell me there's a scientific explanation for it."

"Yeah, you're pregnant."

"Other than that," she said on a groan.

Chloe shook her head slowly. "No, no there's not," she said before frowning. "Shit, Ang, do you understand how bad this is?"

Angela's brows furrowed in confusion. "I mean, it's not ideal, of course. There's a lot of shit going on with the club and Eves is still a baby, but I don't think its that bad. Juice always said he wanted a big family anyway," she attempted, knowing that it had to be bad if Chloe was freaking out.

"Fuck the club bullshit! I'm talking about how bad it is for your health! Your body is not ready to take on another baby," she explained, worry written all over her face.

Fear swirled around in the pit of Angela's stomach as she pressed her hand to it thinking about the life that was just starting to form inside of it. "What does that mean?"

"Means we have to go to the hospital. Now."

"No. Chlo, I'm fine. It been like a week or something. You can just walk me through it."

"No, you're not," she said softly. "Ang, I'm out of my depth here. I can't help you with this."

Angela felt tears gathering at the corners of her eyes. "Shit," she croaked, raking a hand through her hair. She stood up, wiping her hands on her thighs. She slowly cleaned up the pregnancy tests, tossing them all back into the bag from the pharmacy. "He can't see these."

Chloe gave her a confused look. "You're not going to tell Juice?"

"Not yet."

"Ang..."

She looked back at her friend, tears in her eyes. "Let me...let me wrap my head around this first and then-then I'll tell him, okay?"

"You need his support. You can't do this alone."

Angela nodded in agreement. "I know. That's why you're here."

-----------------

"Happy came back today," Chloe said, called through the curtain as Angela changed back into her clothes after her doctor's appointment. "Came back late last night actually. Scared the shit outta me. Thought someone had broken into my house. Grabbed my bat to beat the shit outta whoever it was, and he just laughed. I was threatening him with a bat, and he thought it was hilarious."