Ch. 105 Confrontations

Juice and Angela had been back in Charming for all of ten minutes when they heard the motorcycles pull up. Juice walked out of Evie's room after putting her to bed, he paused in the mouth of the hallway looking over at Angela who looked a little pale. "That's Jax's bike," he said softly.

"What does he want?" she asked, her eyes wide. There was a knock on the door, and they both hesitated in answering it.

"Dunno," he answered, heading to the front door. He grabbed his gun off of the side table where he'd left it when he'd stumbled in the day before and tucked it into the back of his jeans. His cut still lay on the couch, but he didn't put it on. Sucking in a deep breath, he opened the door.

Jax nodded to him in greeting, waiting for him to take a step back before walking inside like he owned the place. "We gotta talk," he told him, looking from Juice to Angela as if telling her to get out.

She stood strong; she wasn't a club member, he couldn't tell her what to do. If Juice wanted her to stay, she'd stay. Juice took a step in front of her, a sign that he didn't want her to go. She took a step closer, setting her hand on his back in show of support.

Jax frowned in disapproval but didn't push the subject. "Have a nice chat with Nero?"

Juice's brows furrowed in confusion as he slowly shook his head. "What are you talking--"

" 'cause he knows what you did to the kid's mom," he interrupted, without acknowledging Juice's answer. "That where you were all this time? Spilling our secrets to Nero while we've been scrambling to find Tara?"

"What? No! I was...we went out to the city. Took Evie to the beach. I didn't..."

"Bobby said he told you to get your dick sucked at Diosa," he cut him off again, glancing at Angela when she grimaced in response.

Juice nodded. "Yeah, but I didn't go. I came home. I wanted to be with my--"

"Then how does he know?" Jax interjected loudly, his arms thrown out to his sides. "If you weren't at Diosa, how the hell did he find out?"

He shrugged a shoulder. "I dunno. Maybe he just figured it out."

"How? How would he have figured it out? He didn't suspect anything before!" he demanded, taking a threatening step towards him. "Don't lie to me, Juice."

Angela felt sick to her stomach at the wild look in Jax's eyes. He looked like a crazy man. Losing Tara and Nero talking to him about the girl must've driven him over the edge. He was directing everything he was feeling at Juice, and it scared the shit out of her. "I told him," she threw in, trying her best to save her husband.

Juice whirled around, staring at her with wide eyes. "What?" he breathed, looking confused as hell and a little scared.

She cleared her throat, locking eyes with Jax as she scrambled for a believable lie. "Nero asked me if the kid's mom was the reason Juice was so on edge lately. I figured he already knew. I guess I just...confirmed it. I didn't know that he didn't know."

"Angel..." Juice trailed off, a knowing look in his eyes.

Jax didn't look entirely convinced as his eyes swept over her. "He must've already known then because this idiot told him."

"No, he didn't," she corrected, trying her best to sound calm, genuine. "When I asked how he knew, he said he'd guessed. That he wasn't totally sure until I confirmed it. I'm sorry, I just...thought he knew. I didn't think you'd go behind his back."

Jax's eyes darkened at that, he took another step towards her, but Juice blocked him from getting closer. "That so?" the President asked, head cocked to the side.