16: Forgive me

Lol added the song cause I felt like it, listen to it if you want.

No ones POV

Natsu looked around in horror as he sat huddled in the corner of his solitude cell, the rest of the traitors were shoved into a small cell together but Natsu had been put in his own private cell and that scared him to death.

Natsus thoughts were muddled and his emotions were an explosion in his chest, a mix of fear, betrayal, anger and regret.

He couldn't decide if this was his fault, Grays, or Cobra and it made his brain ache to think about.

Natsu had lost track if time while in there but he guessed that it was morning by now, bags were starting to form under his eyes due to the fact that he hadn't slept a wink the previous night or the one before that.

At least I'm not chained up, he thought and shivered.

A small tray of food suddenly slid under the door an he awkwardly stood up which took a while due to the fact that his hands were cuffed, he struggled to pick up the small loaf of bread and slowly ate it, sitting cross-legged at the door.

After he are the small portion of food he pushed the tray back under the door and wobbly stood up again, when he was taken to the dungeons the guards took his shoes, socks and over shirt, thankfully they left his scarf.

Natsu began to pace around in his cell, the room was stone cold, just like he remembered it.

He chuckled and stared down at his cuffs, he already had bruises forming on his wrists, just like he remembered it.

He walked over to the heavy door and stood in the small light that shone through, the room was still rather dark, just like it always was.

What scared him the most was the occasional scream or yell echoing down the hallway, reminding him life was cruel, just like it always will be... Forever

Natsu felt tears escape his eyes as he realised the truth, yet, he was laughing at the same time.

King Celestial: cruel

Cobra: cruel

Brain: cruel

Gray: cruel

The list could go on for miles and it made Natsu laugh, who could he trust?

His king? No
His teammate? Hah, nope
His lover? Not anymore

The fact that his own lover had betrayed him hurt him more than Cobras betrayal, if Gray had let him explain everything could be fine but no, Gray just had to jump to conclusions!

Natsu rubbed his face but tears kept flowing anyway and it frustrated him, he was weak.

Gray is the prince and that's all he'll be, if Natsu somehow managed to escape this mess Gray would most likely become future king and Natsu would become his enemy.

The door suddenly opened and Natsu turned to see the person he least expected there... Gray.

Natsus eyes widened in fear and surprised and he took a few shaky steeps backwards, tripping and falling onto his backside with a yelp.

Gray instantly rushed forward to help Natsu and Natsu cowered, quickly pulling his knees against his chest and scooting away from Gray.

Gray felt his heart break as he saw the way Natsu acted, he had lost all trust in his ex-lover, maybe what he did was a bit far taken.

Gray swallowed a lump in his throat and spoke,

"I'm sorry, please forgive me." Gray pleaded and Natsu just stared at him with fear,
"Natsu... Please." Gray took a few more steps towards Natsu and he flinched away,
"Please... Please just leave me alone." Natsu croaked feeling weak again.

Gray stared at Natsu, regret filling his eyes as he stood frozen in front of Natsu, Natsu stare right back looking like he was expecting Gray to suddenly attack him.

A guard suddenly walked past and noticed Gray, his eyes widened and he pushed the heavy door open and grabbed the princes arm,

"Prince Gray please leave, traitors aren't allowed visitors." He hissed the last part and Gray just nodded blankly, letting himself get dragged out of the cell.

Silence filled the room again and Natsu felt a sharp pain in his chest at the loneliness, loneliness- the feeling Natsu hated the most because when he had company he felt no fear, no anger and no betrayal.

Natsu let himself cry and he didn't care, he didn't care if he died but all he wanted was to see his friends faces one more time.

He missed them so badly that it made his heart ache, he missed fighting with Gajeel, challenging Laxus, teasing Sting and Rouge, laughing with Wendy and hanging out with Happy.

He missed being happy.

That thought made Natsu panic.

His eyes darted around as thoughts flooded through his mind.

He never remembered the cell being so small.

He never realised how quiet it was and how much his sniffles echoed.

He never realised how dark it really was.

The castle was not his home, his home was with his friends in a secret part of the sewers and he missed the way he and his friends would complain about how the smell of sewers burned their sensitive noses.

A small smile grew on Natsus face, once Wendy tripped and fell into the sewer water but grabbed Gajeel as she fell and pulled him in with her, Charle freaked and Natsu literally wrote an encyclopaedia on sewer jokes to piss Gajeel off with after that.

Natsu remembered the day that Laxus told them all that he wasn't a real Dragon Slayer wizard, he thought that he would be kicked from the group, it was a surprise to all of them but they didn't really care and still treated him the same.

Natsu leaned his head against the wall and sighed before closing his eyes, Natsu felt unbelievably tired as the two nights with no sleep finally caught up to him and he soon fell asleep with a small bit of happiness seeping through him.

?_?

I actually cried a bit when I re-read this.... T^T

Sorry if it's bad grammar, spelling, etc.  I can't be bothered to cause I'm tired :P

-JELLY