8: Poisoned traitor

Four days later (no ones POV)

Levy had been teaching Natsu how to get around the castle, cook, iron clothes, clean and be a servant in general and he finally was starting to get the hang of it- and he got good at it too.

But even though he was good at it and it felt like it was becoming his new life, at night he was tortured by dreaded night terrors reminding him that he didn't belong in the castle walls and whenever Levy wasn't awake when he would shoot awake, he would sneak out of their room and through the servants quarters all the way to Grays room.

He was never afraid to wake him up and Gray was never mad at Natsu when he woke him up, instead he would smile at him and they would sit on Grays bed where Natsu would talk to Gray about his nightmares and Gray would comfort him in return, drying his tears and wetting his soft lips.

Gray would even steal a kiss sometimes when Natsu was on his shifts to serve Gray and Levy wasn't looking and it usually made Natsu flustered but happy at the same time.

But right now, it was one of those nights.

Natsu woke up with start as sweat and tears dripped down his face and his body was shaking rather violently as he looked across the room to see Levy sound asleep so he quietly sat up, the pain in his back and shoulder hardly noticeable thanks to Wendy's medicine.

Natsus POV

I pulled on some clothes and slipped out of our room, creeping though the hallways, my breath still uneven and my body still shivering until I reached Grays room, I silently open the door and walked in and went strait over to Grays bed gently pushing on his shoulder making him yawn as he woke up and looked at me with a small lopsided smile and I returned a tiny almost invisible smile as he made room for me and I sat down, Gray pulled me into a hug and I leant the back if my head on his chest as he wrapped his secure arms around me an yet I kept shaking slightly.

"Hey, it's ok they can't hurt you," Gray whispers soothingly into my ear and I shake my head
"No. It was different tonight." I mumbled
"What happened?"
I looked down sadly and fiddled with my thumbs, looking for words,
"M-My friends. Th-they left me but were all k-killed in front of me..." I mutter
"It's ok I'm h-" he starts but I cut him off quickly
"You left me too. And I couldn't save you." I say clearly and turn my head so I stare into his eyes and he stares back with a shocked expression before tightening his grip around me protectively and turning me around so that my legs are on either side of his waist making me blush.

"Natsu, I'm not gonna die anytime soon and I'm not planning too so don't worry about me." He said sternly and as I opened my mouth to respond his lips crashed into my mine roughly and I grabbed his shoulders to stop myself from falling backwards and I tightened my legs around his waist, Grays tongue soon made its way into my mouth and explored every crevice of it, his tongue suddenly traced down the roof of my mouth making me moan quietly into the kiss and blush.

Gray broke away and pressed his forehead against mine,
"Your moans are adorable," he whispered and I blushed harder before straightening up,
"I have to go soon," I mumbled slightly sad about having to leave again
"Well then, I'll seen you later." Gray stated with a smile, I smiled back before getting up and slipping away and back into the hallways.

I soon got back to Levy and I's room and as I shut the door Levy began to wake up so I quickly rushed over to the kitchen area to look 'productive' but instead tripped on some of her books and ended up whacking my chin on the small counter and crying out in pain making Levy jump out of bed and her eyes widened as she saw me,

"Oh my! Natsu what happened? Are you ok?!" She asked as she frantically ran over to me with her hair bouncing around on her shoulders as I sat up and felt blood dripping down my neck, she quickly grabbed a first aid kit and began to wipe away the blood and look at it,

"It's not gonna need stitches." She stated as she put a thick band aid over it, making me wince slightly.

"May I ask, why we're you running through our room?" Levy suddenly asked and I gulped
"Oh! Um...I went for a walk and I got back as you were waking up so I wanted to look like I hadn't left so I ran to the kitchen." I chuckled and rubbed the back I my neck nervously
"Oh...ok," Levy shrugged but still didn't fully believe me and I chuckled.

Levy got up and began to get dressed so I stood up and raided the cupboards before finding two small loaves of bread and popped one in my mouth before putting the other one on the bench for Levy, she quickly had finished getting dressed after having years of practise and tied a ribbon through her hair before taking the roll and putting it in her mouth, we then left out room and set off for our days work but something seemed...off.

A scent began to burn into my nose...it smells like...like...home!

I instantly began to run towards the scent, leaving Levy behind while she yelled at me to come back, I sprinted as fast as I could through the halls and burst through a door with a hopeful smirk on my face expecting to see all of my friends there but instead...

"Hello Natsu. It's nice to see you again~" Cobra smirked as he leaned on the kings desk where the king himself sat with a focused frown as he looked directly at me with a map in front of him circling our base.

"W-What's going on?"