"That emo."

"Celeste, I swear to God, get your ass out of my face." Emma complained, trying not to fall in the position she was in but failing uncomfortably. Ki laughed, glad she decided not to play. If Emma were to fall, she'd land on Opal, a friend who ended up visiting too. Eventually, Emma fell, and landed on Opal with a harsh grunt.

"Celeste wins!" Ashton laughed, and Celeste let herself go, landing on the floor. Ki walked to Emma, and she refused her help. "Let me be on the floor. It's where I deserve." Ki rolled her eyes dramatically, and left her there. "I thought you were gonna make tacos?" Kylie asked, and Emma nodded. "Making." Emma said, and used finger quotes. The older girl rolled her eyes again, and left her friend on the floor.

"Shit bitch, the only reason I came was for the tacos." Opal said, arm slung around Michael. "Such a millennial." Ashton said, and Ki laughed in agreement. "I'm older than you!" Opal whined, and sat on the floor next to Emma. "At least Emma likes me." Opal said, to which Emma rolled away. We all had a good laugh, Opal fake crying and Emma almost rolling into the couch.

I went to look in the kitchen, and pushed back the beers someone must've brought to find a coke. I opened it, and heard a knock at the door. Calum went to go open in, and I sipped my Coke. I noticed Calum stand up straighter, and grew suspicious. "Luke." He said, and opened the door wider for us all to see. I inhaled sharply, and felt Emma and Ashton quickly stand by my side. "Oh, I see the whole gang's here. Nice. Anyways, I came not to play... Twister, but to talk.".

"We're all ears." Ashton said, and Luke narrowed in on me. "Not to you people. I want to talk to Ki."

I almost dropped my drink. I felt Emma's hold on my hand tighten, and she grabbed my drink for me. "Fine. Let's go to the balcony." I said, and walked past everyone to go to the balcony. Once we were both there, he closed the sliding door. I stood there in an uncomfortable silence, raising an eyebrow at him. "You wanted to talk to me?" I asked, and he blinked, and inhaled.

"I want you back." 

I scoffed immediately, and had to stop myself from laughing. "Well, why didn't you say so!" I said in a high pitched voice, but didn't stop there. "Why should you abandoning me while we shared a house together change anything? Or that you never told me anything? Our love was meant to be, wasn't it?" I said sarcastically, plastering a smile on my face. "Oh, do you want me to cook for you? Maybe give you a little massage? That's all you want, isn't it? Or, maybe you want something else, something I'll never give you again." I said and smacked my left hip.

"I don't care if you want me, Lucas. I don't want you. You're nine months too late. You had your chance, and now that you see just how much you need someone you think I'll come just crawling back? Funny. Real funny. Thanks, but no thanks." With that, I pushed my way past him to walk to the door that leads to the apartment. "I'm not done talking!" He yelled, to which I fired back "Yeah, well, I am and that's all that matters." before leaving him outside.

I instantly looked for my Coke, and drank it angrily. I saw Donna, Opal, Emma and Celeste come up to me. "Are you okay?" Donna asked, and I nodded, putting my now-empty Coke can down. "I'm fine. I think I was too harsh on him. He's still out there." I said, and we all looked to see Luke standing on the balcony still, looking at the view.

"That emo. You want me to talk to him?" Emma asked and before hearing an answer she started walking over there. "I- Emma, no!" I said, and Calum saw the situation and distracted her. "Thank you, Emma, but I'm good. Really. Go back to your mans." I said, and she nodded, sitting on the couch with Opal again.

I looked at my group of friends, and sighed.

Then Luke walked back in.

lol cliffhanger because im a piece of shit anyways this chapter is brought to you by insomnia, or better known as what keeps me up at night (that isn't my crippling anxiety and fear of the unknown)

ALSO KI WENT AT LUKE SHE WAS BASICALLY JUST

also don't ask about the pov in this chapter i switched from third person to first person idek

and if anyone read my treat you better book from a year ago, yes, this is the same opal which means vivianna and nova are still out there somewhere (-;;;;;

also 44 reads what the heck thanks guys i expected like two reads ngl
anyways i might update again tonight who knows but yea love you guise!

-emma