"Talk about mixed signals."

Luke

I can't believe her.

First Kylie tells me off and now here she is, kissing me. Fucking hell, it's just hitting me how much I really missed her. I put my hands on her hips and pull her closer, and with one tug on the back of my hair from her, she left back to the apartment.

I stood, dazed. Eventually, to my surprise, Emma came out to talk to me. "So. You and Ki, huh?" Emma said in her notorious sarcastic tone, and took a sip of her water bottle. "I'm hoping that's water. And, I honestly don't know. She just kissed me and left. I'm really confused." I admitted, and she chuckled.

"First off, this is water, I'm not an alcoholic, and two- maybe if you weren't such an emo you could be in there, talking to her." Emma advised, and took another swig of her 'water.', sitting on a chair. I shook my head, "Let me smell that. And stop emo-shaming." I said, and held my hand out. "No, I don't know what kind of kink that is but no. Is it that hard to believe I'm not an alcoholic?" Emma exasperated.

"It's not a- nevermind. But still, Emma, you're her best friend, how can I get her back?" I pleaded, and Emma set her water down. "You got me, it's vinegar. Anyways, to start, you need like ten showers, yesterday. A haircut, maybe shave a little, but not all of it, because you have and could totally make that beard hot. Anyways, maybe move out of that shithole you probably live in, get some new clothes, a working phone and a job." Emma said, and I grimaced.

"Vinegar?"

"Yeah, I'm not fucking around." Emma said with heavy emphasis on 'fucking'.

"... anyways. So, basically, I have to be reborn again to get her back?" I asked quizzically, and Emma shook her head. "That would be a start. You gotta prove to her you're not a dick anymore, if you claim to be as changed as you say you are. You gotta start being more public, too. Log back into that Twitter and send your fans crazy. Maybe like, I don't know if this is crazy or something, you could apologize?" Emma suggested, taking a swig of her vinegar.

"God, I don't know if I'll live long enough to do all that." I sighed, sitting on a chair. "Oh, I know you won't. I can maybe get Calum to help you, maybe Ashton, but I'll help you. Not for you, I really don't care about you, but for her. No offense." She said, closing her eyes.

"You know, you can be really mean sometimes, right?" I scoffed, and she opened one eye. "Mean is an understatement. And, I'm just being honest. Lying does nobody any good." She said, and stood up. "I'm going back to the party. And, I can't believe you. Did you really think this was vinegar?" Emma cackled, and waltzed back inside.

Emma was always an oddball, but at least I kind of have her on my side. I just gotta pray that that's enough.

Ki

I sat in my room again, looking out the window. My closed door burst open, leading an obviously drunk Emma in. "Hey! Stop being emo, it's a party!" Emma said, taking a drink of her water bottle. "Are you drunk? It's literally only two in the afternoon." I tsked, smelling her water bottle. "Oh, my god it's literally just my personality." Emma whined, closing her water bottle cap.

"Anyways, seriously, you're kind of bumming the house out. Even I'm feeling kind of tame." Emma said, and looked up to see Calum walk in. He sat on her lap, her putting her hands in his. "Ugh, god, go be a couple somewhere else." I said in a disgusted tone, waving my hand as to shoo them out. In turn, Emma licked the side of Calum's face, him giggling.

"Anyways, so. I talked to your emo ex. First off, he believed that this was vinegar, so he's even stupider than I thought. Second, he's really like, shook because of how you did him about ten minutes ago." Emma said, and Calum scooted off her lap.

"Ooh, you did him?" Calum winked, and Emma smacked his arm. "Shut up, Calum. I did not do him, I just kissed him. For like, ten seconds. And pulled his hair." I said, returning to the window. "Talk about mixed signals. Kylie, I need to ask you. Do you like Luke still?" Emma asked, and I sighed.

"Too much for my own good." I admitted, not looking away from the window. "Also, Emma, stop calling everyone emo. That is literally the only adjective you use." I added, and Emma scoffed. "Shut up, let me live. Okay, well, Calum and I'll stop bugging you, you can go back to being an emo here." With a tight squeeze to my side, Emma left, Calum trailing along beside her.

Soon I recognized a song coming from my phone that was all too familiar to me.

i can still taste you, like it was yesterday

making plans to rule the world, you were more than i deserved

I sighed, feeling emotions run through me.

Damn you, Hemmings.

ok first off, one hundred reads??? i'm so???

second

can we all agree that san francisco is the biggest mcfreaking bop on that album like sure castaway and don't get me started on waste the night and but idk i can really think of so many things when i hear san francisco like it makes me want to fall in love and leave someone at the alter and they find me in the dress at a beach in san francisco and we drive away together and the song is me reminiscing about it as i'm old and my partner is dying i tell them one last story and-

go read my new book, it's a prequel to this book, it's about how emma and calum met because ya girl couldn't resist anyways

also fUck me man calum's new haircut has me shook like calum in general but still

-emma