"Nothing's ever the same anymore."

Kylie

He didn't turn to look at me. "You shouldn't be. You didn't do anything wrong." He continued tapping his fingers along my hip to the beat of the song. I sighed, knowing he was right, but continued anyways. "I should've given you more time to explain yourself. Given, you did really, really mess my emotions up, but I should've given you a chance." I sighed, hearing the into of Devil In Me, and opened my eyes to look at him.

We remained in silence again, just us and the music. "You know, you still smell the same." I said, and he chuckled. "That's a relief. You know, you've always smelled like apples." He admitted, making me scoff. "I don't know how to answer that. I've never had apple-scented anything." We shrugged, deciding to shut up.

"Oh, my God. What a bunch of fucking emo's." I heard Opal's abrupt voice, and then the door closed again. "They're not fucking!" I heard her yell again, and groaned. I buried my head in Luke's chest, shaking my head. "Dammit!" I heard Emma yell, and blushed harder.

My breathing evened, and my phone died; the music dying with it. At this point, we were forced to just sit in silence. "I still love you, you know. Never stopped. Never will stop." He hummed, and I gulped. "Never gonna give you up, never gonna-" I started to sing, and he laughed and told me to shut up. "I was trying to serenade you, you dick." I mumbled, and sighed.

This was all too familiar.

I could feel the tears, but instead of my usual antics, I let these fall. "What's wrong?" Luke propositioned, and I blinked the rest of the tears away. "We used to do this. All the time." I whispered, him nodding. "And now, now it'll never be the same. Nothing's ever the same anymore." I croaked, feeling more tears fall.

"Hey, hey. I know you don't like change, but Ki- you can't let the past stop you from living in the present." Luke said, and I chuckled dryly. "You think I don't know that? You don't think I can grasp the fact that nothing lasts forever? You think, you think I'm weak. I know. And maybe I am. There's nothing wrong with that." I said shakily, knowing I was going too far but I just couldn't help myself.

I felt him sigh, and I leaned into him. "I hate you." I said, and put an arm over his waist. I closed my eyes, leaning in closer to smell his cologne.

I woke up, Luke still in my arm.

So nice. Nice muscles. Soft.

I let him go, and walked out to my living room. The only people who were there were Calum, Emma, Celeste, Holly, and Ashton. Emma was taking pictures of Holly, saying her skin matched the night sky so perfectly. Celeste looked on in admiration, Calum too. Ashton was just watching a cooking show. I checked the clock to see it was three in the morning. I hummed, and opened the fridge, pulling out something Emma probably made.

"Hey! We should do a Night and Day thing!" Emma suggested, and they all cheered. "Michael's not here, so... Ki! You're the palest one here. Come stand next to Holly!" Emma said, and I was suddenly glad I had bleached my hair blonde. "Now, this is the definition of aesthetic. Holly! To be like a crescent moon thing, throw your arm over Ki's shoulders." Emma ordered, Holly laughing, and I could smell the booze on her breath.

Soon enough, the little photo shoot was over, Emma saying she charges $40 an hour, and me giving her what I had been holding. "You drive a hard bargain. That's it! I'm baking." Emma announced, and went to the kitchen to bake whatever her heart desired. I sat next to Calum, Celeste on my other side. He was staring at Emma, as per usual. "Take a picture, it'll last longer." I advised, him laughing.

"Ki, do you think Emma would ever like... want to actually get married?" Calum proposed, and I snickered. "Not likely." I said, and Calum paled. "No, only because- you know how she is. She grew up under some strict security, so now she feels like she has to make up for it. Give her time. Besides, you're Calum Hood. She's literally loved you since she was 15." I advised, and he sighed.

He stood up, and walked towards Emma. I shook my head, and soon came Luke. "I see the party is still in full swing." He said, and I scoffed. "Good morning, did the pwincess get some west?" I mocked, and he rolled his eyes and sat next to me.

"You love it."

idk we almost have 200 reads that's insane + i'm tired
-emma