17. The Wrong Stuff

Zack and I are filling in for Connie, doing the activities for the senior citizens on the boat. I think it will be fun. Zack and I opened the door to the room where they all were. They were all elderly people we were doing what Connie called the "funtertainment" for them.

"Right seniors are you ready to party?!" Zack asked excitedly, dancing slightly when he walked in the room. We looked around and they weren't moving. "Oh my gosh. They're all dead!" Zack siad, scared. "No!! We're just waiting for Connie." Mrs. Pepperman said. 

Zack and I let out a sigh of relief. "Phew." He said, wiping his head. "Yeah. We're filling in for Connie."

"Oh? Her boyfriend dump her again?" Mrs. P asked. "Uhm..yeah." I said.

"Good he was a loser." Mrs. Pepperman said. "Right." Zack said smiling. "Alright everybody so Y/n and I are in charge of your funtertainment."

"Well cut the chatter and let's go." Mrs. Pepperman said excitedly. "Let's not and say we did." Another senior said. "They bust a move, they bust a hip."

"Sorry, that's not till two thirty." Zack smiled. He's actually great with them.
______________________________________________________________________

We were on the Sky Deck, supervising their shuffleboard game. Zack and I stood at the side as Mrs. Pepperman got ready. She was taking a long time.

"Any time now Mrs. Pepperman." Zack said, moving closer to me and putting an arm around my waist. I rested my hand on his shoulder. "Don't rush me!" She answered.

"Okay, okay, just remember that we dock in the Bahamas in 3 days." She did her move and it hit Zack, knocking him to the ground. I giggled a little bit. Yeah I probably shouldn't laugh at my boyfriend but it's funny.

"Did I win?" She asked. "No!" Zack said, using the tone Mrs. Pepperman uses when she says no. "That was the worst shot I've ever seen." Zack said.  Oh no. "You think you can do better?" Mrs. Pepperman asked. "Is that a challenge?" Zack asked.

"Unless you think you can wimp out, pretty boy." She said. "Oh you're on." Zack said, taking a shuffleboard stick. "Zack honey, please be rational about this. You're 15 she's older." I said.

"Don't worry sweetheart, your boyfriend will be fine." Mrs. Pepperman smiled. Somehow I didn't believe that. Mrs. Pepperman is stronger than she looks.

Zack hit one of the things and it landed right in the 10. He started high fiving everyone and then when he got to me he kissed me and then wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Hey Mr. Parker, care for a game of shuffleboard?" Zack asked. "I'd rather pass another kidney stone." He answered. "Well if it lands on the 10, you win." Zack said, trying to joke. Mr. Parker just looked at him.

"Isn't there anything we can do that will cheer you up?" I asked. "You can get a time machine so I can go back to when I had two good hips, the blood reached my feet and came all the way back up again."

"Oh forget about him. He's a stick in the mud." Mrs. Pepperman said, walking over to us. "And you're a pain in the.......mud." Mr. Parker answered.

"Okay let's throw down." Mrs. Pepperman said, dropping her bag.
"It's go time!" Mr. Parker said. But Zack and I stopped them before they could go further. "All right you two, no fighting."

"Who's fighting? I've gotta go to the men's room." Mr. Parker said. "I'll be back in 5 to...45 minutes." He said, walking off.

"Don't hurry." Mrs. Pepperman yelled after him.
______________________________________________________