Chapter 17: The Chunin Exam (8)

-Sakura POV-

"This sure is a creepy place." I shuddered and said as we stood outside the exam grounds. All of the examinees were here, and this place gives me the creeps.

"Heheh.. You will be able to experience why this place is called the Forest of Death." The examiner, Anko said, and Naruto did a bad imitation of her.

"There's no point in trying to scare us like that! I'm not scared at all!" Naruto said, and everyone sweat dropped.

"Really? You sure are energetic." Anko smiled, then threw a kunai at Naruto. "Boys like you die the fastest. After spilling out that red blood I love all over the place." I pulled Naruto back immediately, and Anko appeared behind where Naruto was. "Not bad, little girl.." Anko smirked.

"Did you forget that Yukina-sensei said that not to get on her bad side?" I hissed into Naruto's ear as I pinched him. "I'll heal you once we get in. Sensei said that my role should be kept a secret.." Naruto then gulped and nodded frantically. "I'm so sorry, he have very bad control on his mouth.." I laughed awkwardly and apologised to Anko while covering Naruto's mouth.

Anko nodded, accepting my apology, then took out another kunai. "Here's your knife." A lady with a long tongue stood behind Anko.

"Thank you." Anko said. "But don't stand behind me like that. That is, unless you want to die young."

"Well, I get itchy when I see blood. Also, my precious hair was cut, so I got a little excited. I'm sorry." The lady then walked back to where she stood.

"It looks like there are a lot of hot-headed people here today. This is going to be interesting." Oi oi..You're the most dangerous one around here.. Then Anko walked towards the gates. "Before we begin the Second Exam, I'm going to pass these out to everyone." She took something out from her coat. "These are consent forms. Those taking this exam must sign these."

"Why?" Naruto asked, and I realised that he had gotten out of my grip.

"From here on, people will die. Therefore, we need people's consent before we continue. Otherwise, I'd be held responsible." Anko then started laughing, but no one followed, and she stopped after a while. "Now, I will begin the explaination of the Second Exam. To be concise, you will all go through an extreme survival match." Anko then passed the consent form around.

"First, I'll explain the training area's geographical features. The 44th Training Ground is a circular region surrounded by 44 locked gate entrances. There is a river, a forest, and a tower in the middle. The tower is approximately 10km away from the gates. Inside this limited space, you will have to go through a certain survival program. The program consists of.. A competition where anything goes.. Over these scrolls." Anko then held two scrolls in her hand.

"Scrolls?" Sasuke asked.

"Yes. The Scroll of Heaven and the Scroll of Earth. You will fight over these scrolls. 26 teams in total passed the First Exam. Half of those teams will get the Scroll of Heaven. The other half will get the Scroll of Earth. Each team will get one of these scrolls. Simply, you have to fight over these."

"And? What's needed to pass?" Sasuke asked again.

"Bring the Scrolls of Heaven and Earth to the tower with your teammates."

"In other words, the 13 teams, or half the people here, that get their scroll stolen will fail." I continued.

"But it needs to be done within the time limit. This second exam has a limit of 120 hours, or exactly 5 days."

"Five days?!" Ino exclaimed.

"What about food?" Chouji asked, dismayed.

"Scrounge it up yourself. The forest is a treasure box of nature. There should be plenty of food." Anko replied.