Just By Random (A Colton Dixon Love Story)

ps i know i said im against fanfics but i decided to write one i know im a nut ;p!

STORY: (the vid on the side is of Colton singing September one of  my fav of his preformancesif you wana see him in action)

Lola, Whitney, and I have been standng line in the blazing Savanna Georgia sun for, four hours. Lola and Whitney are trying out for American Idol. Im not. Ive never even watched the show before in my life. I am here soley for support. They just don't seem to get that.

"Ash! You have to try out with us! You'll be good!' Lola pouted for the fourth time in five minutes. "Ugh, I can't even sing! And I never even watched the show!"

"All you do is stand in the audition room and sing! And ive heard you in the shower you sound really good!" Lola fought before Whitney butted in "And youre already in line! Even if you don make it, it wont do any harm!"

I pouted, but in the end they convined me and i stood in line behind them, finally inside the stadium, wearing my audition number. "Are you guys hungry?" "Yes!" i groaned. "If you two wait in line ill go run to the food court." Whitney said. "Sure go." I replied. Lola ended up going with her and the guards let another contestant in behind me.

I was enjoying the airconditioning when i tripped over a snag in the carpet and fell right on my face at some dudes feet.

"Oh my gosh are you okay?!" the guy asked and stuck out his hand to help me up. "Yeah, i think." I said rubbing the sore spot on my face in looking up at the guy. He looked pretty young, probably older than me, he had a mowhawk and peircing brown eyes. "Im Colton" the guy said and then motioned to a red head next to him, "this is my sister schyler." "Cool," I said, "I'm Ash. Are you guys trying out?"

Schyler spoke up, "I am, he won't." I nodded, "I dont want to either my friends sucked me in."

"Youre here with friends?" He asked. I nodded "Whitney and Lola."

Colton looked at me, "Your name is really Ash?"

"Yup."

"Is it short for ashley?"

"Nope."

"Okayyy."

We started cracking up. Just then I felt my friends join me in line. I turned around and they both had their mouths wide open. Lola dropped the MC Donalds bag and Whitney said "OH MY GOD! YOURE COLTON DIXON!" Lola was going through her bag, "SIGN THIS!" she said shoving a napkin at him. "OH MY GOD!" they both yelled. I turned away awkwardly, i was sooo lost. I heard the sound of a pen scrbling and more yelling. slowly it reduced down to giggling. and i asked "What just happened."

"This is colton Dixon! he made it last year but he got cut at the top 24. I was sooo sad. I loved him so much!" Whitney said while Lola nodded and smiled.

"Oh, sorry colton. Ive never watched this show soo."

"Nah, its fine. It was kinda cute you not knowing who i was."

I nodded and grabbed a hamburger from the forgotten Mc Donalds bag.

That made everyone else remember how hungry they were. I ended up giving Colton and Schyler my french fries seeing as they were starving as well.

Two hours later we were almost to the front of the line. I've been chatting with Colton for a while now. He was really cute. Schyler was talking with Whiney and Lola about bears. Don't ask because i have no idea why.

Soon enough we walked up to some guy that would show us where to go. Lola jabed me in the stomah and whispered, "That's Ryan Seacrest." I dont know who that is.

He talked to us and asked some questions before sending Lola in the audtion room. We waited and bit our nails. And then she walked out and screamed, "IM GOING O HOLLYWOOD!" We jumped up and down before Ryan separated us and sent Whitney in she made it, obviously.

Now it was my turn. "Go on," Colton said pushing me forwards and givng me a crooked grin before Ryan S. started asking Schyler questions.

I walked though the room and spotted the judges. There was a pretty Lady, a kind looking guy with square glasses, and a guy, i think, with long hair and a wide mouth.

"Hi baby," the lady said giving me a  smile, "What's your name?"

"Ash Sway." I said, my voice weak.

"How old are you?" The man with the long hair said just as a realized he was Steven Tyler (I love aerosmith)

"eight teen" I said

"WHat will you sing for us today?" Steven asked

"Um" I said never thinking about a song. "I'll do 'what am i to you?' by Norah Jones."

They nodded and i sang. At first it was soft but then i got louder. I finshed on a high note and the judges clapped. "That was beautiful, baby." The woman said. "I agree Jennifer." Said Steven, "What do you think Randy?"

"I loved it too! I vote yes."

"Me too."

"Guess what, baby? YOURE GOING TO HOLLYWOOD!"

I grabbed my ticket and stuffed it in my pants befire walking out all sad like.

Everyone looked at me and pulled out my phone and dialed my mom.

"hey mom. I tried out. Yeah. Im coming home."

Everyone sighed and came over to hug me.

"IM COMING HOME TO PACK! IM GOING TO HOLLYWOOD!"

We all screamed and jumped and I hugged everyone i could including that Ryan dude.

"Awesome!" Wish me luck guys!" Schyler said walking into the audition room.

Ryan turned to Colton, "So why arent you autitioning again this season?"

"I dont know, I'll probably-"

Schyler opened the door, "Come on!" She grabbed Coltons arm. "Oh no" he said being dragged into the audition room. We could hear people yelling inside like "COLTON! YOURE NOT AUDIDTIONING?"

we started cracking up, apperently he was gonna audition after all, thanks to the judges.

A few minutes later Schyler walked out, smiling and holding a gold ticket. Everyone cheered and then colton walked out behind her also holding a gold ticket. "really?" he said to the camera behind us, "She sucked me in again!" We laughed and sceamed, "WE ARE ALL GOING TO HOLLYWOOD!"

We hugged and schyler started giving us all her cell phone number. "txt me call me! It will be so much fun hanging out at the hotel togther when its hollywood week!" We laughed and entered her number in our phones. Just as i saved her contact Colton grabbed my Phone and entered his number.

We all said good bye and Colton gave each of us a hug, he hugged me and sparks erupted  in my body. God hes cute...... I reluctantly let go and said good bye to him and schyler. we parted ways until Hollywood week.