Ash Ruins Everything

"This is taking forever!" Colton groaned as he scrolled through various songs that came out in 1991.

The theme this week for our American Idol performances is songs from our birth year. Colton was having some problems finding one that fit him. I had no trouble finding my song. I was doing, "One Woman" by Jade. I'd never heard the song before, but I just wanted to get the search for a perfect song over with. But, unfortunately, Colton is much more picky than I am.

"There has to be one song." I said looking over his shoulder at the screen of the laptop I had bought him.

"All that's here is like, 'Play the funky music' and 'let's talk about sex' It's ridiculous."

"What about that one." I said pointing to some random song. "Pull that up on YouTube." he sighed and typed in 'Broken Heart' by White Lion. He clicked on the first result and listened. "I might could work with this." He mumbled.

I smiled and walked away from him To go put on my sweatshirt. "See, that wasn't so hard, was it?" I said sarcastically. He picked up a pillow and flung it at me, "Shut up." I laughed and pulled the gray sweatshirt over my head. "I'm gonna go over and see what Phillip is doing."

Colton nodded, "Okay." I slipped on my Toms and Opened the door, stepping into the hallway. I shoved my hands into the pocket on the front of my sweatshirt as I walked eight doors down to Phillips room.

When I arrived in front of his door it was cracked so I invited myself in. I pushed it open and saw Phillip sitting down looking at his laptop laughing.

"Heyyyyy Phillippppp!" I yelled closing his door behind me. He glared at me and held up his hand signing 'Shut Up' in sign language. I held my hands up in mock surrender and walked towards him to see what was displayed on his computer screen.

"No, Ash, Stay back!" Phillip warned. I rolled my eyes, "Phil you're an idiot." And I looked over his shoulder at the screen.

"Oh my gosh! Hey Cari!" I said waving and Phillip's girlfriend who was on Skype. "Hi Ash!"

Phillip sighed, "Leave it up to Ash to ruin everything." I waved my hand dismissevly, "You know you love me." Phillip scowled, "I was just telling Cari about you and Colton."

I looked back at Cari, "Oh yeah! Me and Colton got together!" She smiled, "That's great! When did it happen?"

I shrugged, "I don't know." she laughed, "Same old Ash." Phillip smacked my hands away from his laptop, "Yeah, yeah, yeah, Ash is still uncaring and crazy, we get it. And now," He said putting the computer on the table and slowly pushing me out of the room, "It's time for her to leave."

I spun myself around and gave him the puppy dog eyes, "But, I just got here." He flashed me a fake smile, "Don't care."

Cari's voice projected from the laptop, "Phillip, stop being so grumpy." Phillip let go of me, sending the silent message that it was only because of Cari that could stay. "Nah, it's fine Cari. I'll talk to you soon, and let you and Phil spend some, obviously, much wanted alone time together." I said over my shoulder, walking towards the door, as Phillip turned the laptop back onto him and off of me.

Cari said goodbye and I walked out the door closing it behind me. I dragged my feet a bit as I headed back into Colton and I's room.

"I thought you went to go see Phillip." Colton said as I walked in and he jotted something down on a notepad.

"Yeah, well, I'm not exactly welcome over there. Phillip kicked me out."

"What could you have possibly done to make him want to kick you out in two minutes?"