Cheating

"I think my head is bruised." I said as Colton and I did our hair together the next morning. Colton looked at me, "You bruised my head the last time you messed with my shampoo." I laughed a bit, "I guess the lesson learned is that if you touch Colton's special shampoo, someone is going to end up with a bruise on their head." Colton chuckled running the flat iron through his hair as I curled mine.

"Your hair looks really pretty like that." Colton commented when every strand of hair I had was curled. I smiled fluffing them, "Thank you." I picked up my lipgloss and smeared it on as he finished up his hair routine. "I hate going to see Jimmy, I mean I know he knows his stuff, but it's hard to relate to someone who I feel like doesn't relate to me very well." Colton said putting his stuff away. I nodded, "I get it. I just like to do it and get it over with."

He wrapped an arm around me and kissed my temple as we walked out of the hotel room. Just as they promised Phillip, Skylar, and Hollie were waiting for us by the elevator. "You guys ready?" Hollie asked pressing the elevator button when we nodded. "Your hair looks nice." Skylar said fingering a curl. "Thanks Skylar. Phillip what do you think?" I asked smiling. Phillip shrugged, "You always look pretty."

I blushed and hugged him, "Aw Phil, that's the sweetest thing you've ever said to me, Thank you." he hugged me back flashing me one of his rare breath taking smiles. Colton pulled him off of me, "Hey, hey, keep your hands off my lady." I rolled my eyes, smiling, and hooked my arm around him.

The elevator opened up and we walked down to the car. Once we were at the studio, I was the first one who got called into see Jimmy.

"Hello sweet heart," He said, "What song are you thinking about doing?" I pulled out a couple of papers with lyrics, notes, and music scribbled on them.

"I want to do One Woman by Jade, but I made some modifications to the music and melody, I want to put my own twist on it. I think it sounds pretty good." I said handing him the papers. He looked over them and studied my changes.

"I don't know how this is going to work, but I think it just might," He said, "Give these to the band." He handed me the music and I passed it out the various musicians. They looked at them and set them up on their music stands.

They started to play the beginning melody and I Began to sing my rendition.

I finished and looked at Jimmy who was leaning back in his chair. "It could use some work," He said, "You got a little pitchy in the middle of the second verse and through out the bridge. But besides that l loved your rendition and I think you should shoot for it."

I nodded holding back a smile and trying to remain professional. "Thank you." I collected my papers and promised the musicians I'd have copies of the music for them by tomorrow.

I walked out of the room and gave Joshua a thumbs up, he has been a big Help when it came to making changes to the song. He has done most of the work actually. He got called in next and stopped infront of me before he walked into the room.

"So he liked the changes we made?" He asked and I nodded, "He said he loved them, I just have to work on my vocals a bit." He smiled, "Awesome, wish me luck!" I gave him a quick hug and he went in to see Jimmy.

I sat by Colton and he looked at me, "Wow. You're just hugging every male alive today aren't you? And not to mention you're cheating on me with Joshua!" I laughed, "Cheating on you?"

"I usually help you with your song renditions! And you couldn't even wait until I was out of the room to talk about it with him? You had to do it right in front of me, right in front of me...."

By this point I was cracking up, "Oh Colton you're too funny." he smiled a little bit, "But seriously, why didn't you want me to help you with your song?"

I shrugged, "I don't know. I was just walking down the hallway to lobby thinking about changes I could make and then I ran into Joshua. I started telling him my ideas, he gave some input, and before you know it BAM awesome song."

He shrugged, "That's good, I guess. Next time promise me you'll come to me when it comes to changing your song. I wanna Spend more time with you." He nestled his nose in my hair and I smiled, "Done."

Jessica looked at us with her eyebrows raised, "You guys look pretty cozy over there." All the other idol contestants that we hadn't told about out relationship agreed. "Yeah, what's up with you two?" Elise asked suspiciously.

I looked down, "Nothing's going on....."

I felt Colton tense beside me and mumble, "Just like the romance novels...."

Hollie gave me a look that clearly said, 'Just tell them!' Elise and Jessica kept their eyes focused on me and Erika said, "Wait a minute! You two are dating!"

I blushed while Phillip and Hollie smirked. Colton looked down at me, "Do you want me to put their rumors to rest?"