What A Great First Impression

"alright, read this." Phillip said showing us an article on the internet that he had pulled up on his phone. "This is part one of the bad news."

Colton took the phone from Phillip's hands and after he read the article he dropped to the floor "dead". I rolled my eyes, "What did it say Colton?" He shook his head showing denial, "I can't even speak about it...... Just look...." He said handing me the phone. My eyes rested upon the tiltle: Infamous Shampoo Line Canceled, What This Means for Stylists. I threw a pillow at him, "You are pathetic Colton Dixon!" He laughed jumping up, "You know you love me." I shrugged, "Man up, its shampoo! I'm seriously considering not kissing you today."

"That might actually not be such a bad idea..." Phillip said handling his phone. I glared at him, "we are a couple, we kiss, get over it." He shook his head, "It's not that, it's actualy what I came in here to tell you in the first place." I looked at him confused, "What do you mean?" He sighed and moved over to sit by Colton and I. "Look what's the top story on Yahoo today."

He handed the phone to Colton first and he stiffened, no reaction what so ever. Phillp slowly pried the phone from his hands and placed it into mine. I was kinda afraid to look at the screen, and when my eyes rested upon what was displayed on the screen I realized I was right to be. In big black letters the heading of the article read: A New Romance Brewing Between "Idol" Finalists Ash Sway and Colton Dixon.

I gasped looking at the picture, it was dark but it was still obvious that it was us. We were kissing as we waited for a table at that restaurant where Colton got alligator bites. "What the flip!? Who the heck took this picture?!!" I asked, dicrecting my question to Phil. "If you read the article the picture is credited to one of the waitresses at the restaurant."

Colton sighed, "You know what this means right?" I shook my head and he continued, "The show is gonna make us sing some cheesy love duet on the show next week." I groaned, "Ew!" And then I was hit by a realization, "My parents probably saw that picture! My life is o-v-e-r."

Phillip for once wasn't trying to make the situation worse for me and hugged me lightly, "And Colton's parents saw it too. Way to make a first impression." I removed his arms from me, remember what I said about him not making the situation worse? Well, I take that back.

"Well," Colton said, "Now our parents know via a picture of us locking lips in public........ This would be awkward if we broke up last night." I nodded, "Right? I mean its like one thing after another with us, I need to stop and breathe for a second."

Phillip looked dumbfounded, "Wait, what happened? Breaking up last night?" Colton waved him aside, "We will explain later." Just as he spoke there was a series of rapid knocks placed on our door. Phillip got up and opened it and Jessica and Hollie ran in.

"Did you guys see it?" Jessica asked sitting next to me. I nodded showing her the phone. "Has everyone seen it?" I asked referring to the rest of the remaining Idol contestants. Hollie nodded, "They were the ones that found and told us at breakfast."

I groaned and Phillip chuckled. "Whats so funny Phillip." I said venomously. He showed me his lock screen, "That picture is my new wallpaper." Colton punched the phone out of his hand, "Not.Funny."

Phillip bent down to pick up the broken piece of technology, "Sorry man." Colton still looked mad and Hollie joined Phillip on my bed. My phone went off and after wincing I looked down and read the message.

Dad: So, when did you plan on telling me?

Me: ...........

Dad: Ash, this is humliating. All of our friends have texted and given us grief about it

Me: I didn't plan on this happening dad, you act like I did

Dad: i'm just disapointed that you didn't tell me and that you allowed yourself to be caught on camera sucking face with some random boy

Ash: .............

Dad: We will talk about this sooner or later

I put my phone down and Hollie gave me a questioning look. I shrugged, "My dad." Colton groaned, "Again what a wonderful first impression."