[QUATRE] you lied

KIM TAEHYUNG

it's been five days since i met jeongguk personally up close and i still keep that day close to my heart. i smile while texting jimin, my new friend. every time i'm not studying, i'm texting him or fighting with my mom. you csn see which one i like better, clearly.

park jimin
taehyunggggggg

kim taehyung
yeah

park jimin
what is uPpPp

kim taehyung
im working out right now

park jimin
really? omg

kim taehyung
hahahaha sike. i'm keeing my chub

park jimin
lOL. ew its kim taehyung my bes frend??

kim taehyung
ew it's park jimin who can't spell??

park jimin
hahah. i'm so gay for u bro

kim taehyung
everyone is ;))

jimin really made me happy. he didn't say anything about my weight, and really he just encouraged me and made me happy about who i am. he made me even forget about how much i hated myself. he compliments me so much and i always blush, but i always tell myself that he doesn't mean it. i can't like him— or else i'll get hurt when he realizes who i really am. a broken, lifeless, and depressed freak. an outcast, a waste of life. but all those things, he made me forget.

he made me feel like i mattered.

i prayed every night since then that he would never leave me, even if i told him to. he reminded me of someone but i couldn't remember. it felt like i knew him before, but i couldn't rememeber when or where.

who is park jimin?

later that day i went to dunkin donuts to get myself a mocha

later that day i went to dunkin donuts to get myself a mocha. it was cheaper than starbucks and i couldn't stop myself. i waited in line and i froze when i saw who was in front of me.

it was jeongguk, hands in pocket and his face looking up to the menu above. my heart warmed up and i smiled, tapping on his shoulder.

he turned around and smiled once seeing me. "hey taehyung. what brings you here?"

i blushed at his voice, and chewed on my bottom lip, wondering what to reply. "hm.. well, the drinks here are way cheaper than starbucks and i already spent my money on an overwatch skin. so.."

"oh— you play overwatch too?" his eyes widened, his smile getting bigger that you could see his bunny teeth.

i nodded shyly, flushed. "y-yeah.. i just finished playing with jimin a few hours ago. you don't like him, do you?"

when i mentioned jimin his smile faded and it was replaced with disappointment. "why hang out with him when you can hang out with me? wait.. nevermind."

my heart. shit. did he just say that i could hang out with him and he changed his mind? did he just reject me?

"i mean.. it's just.. my friends.." he picked on the hem at the bottom of his shirt.

"yeah.. i get it. people prefer their friends over me all the time, it's fine." i replied, the fake smile spreading on my lips again. inside, i was hurting. i expected this, especially from him. but i had a glimmer of hope that he would become another friend of mine.

"n-no! we're friends, taehyung." he said, trying to reassure me.

HE JUST SAID WE'RE FRIENDS OH MY GOd. did he say that out of pity? because if he did then please hit me with a car and slap me on the head with fish. my heart's been running in circles.

"b-but then i'm your fat friend." taehyung frowned.

"taehyung," jeongguk said, putting his hand on my arm.

i looked up, looking into his dark brown eyes. he thought for a second before saying something.

"you're-"

a loud voice cut him off and cut in between us. "hey guk! why are you.." the guy, who i clearly knew who he was, hoseok— looked at jeongguk with wide eyes.

he froze and looked at where his hand was. "you're so.. ugly." he said out of nowhere.

i blinked twice and breathed out an exhale. anxiety took over me and i backed away, with tears brimming the corner of my eyes. i swallowed and i could only hear the tapping of nails on tables and the fresy brewed coffee being poured into a cup. i could barely hear the laughs of hoseok, and the slow ones of jeongguk.

that was the first insult i've ever recieved from a so-called 'friend'.